• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Anti Lock Brakes Activating On Dry ground

Lately Ive Noticed When I make a Left Hand Turn and Apply my Brakes Like Pulling into a Parking Space My ABS is Kicking in On dry pavement! This Only happens when Im making a Left turn. Any one have any Clues to what might be causing This to Happen??? Please Help!
  2. What is the Average Cost of A Dealer Tune Up

Im Planning on bringing My 05 Ranger 4.0 V6 in for a Tune up. Im going to ask the Dealer to Replace the Spark Plugs, Ignition wires, PCV valve and Fuel Filter. Just wondering what is a Ball park figure for the Dealer to replace these Items?
  3. Left turn signal stops flashing

I have a 2005 Ranger 4.0 V6 xlt. Every so often I go to make a left turn and upon putting the left turn signal on, it will either not Blink at all, the arrow is dimly lit but steady and outside the bulbs are lit and also not blinking. Or it will blink and at the same time the other dash lights...
  4. Radio Only Plays while in Park or Nuetral

I recently took My 2005 Ford Ranger V6 xlt auto trans. to the Dealer Because the check engine light came on. They found 2 Codes one was an open thermostat the other a transmission shift sensor. They replaced both and I took the truck Home.I took the truck out for a ride and Noticed the Radio...
  5. Wheel Hub Bearing

I live here in New York State. Out side the city. And realize things are expensive here in New York any way. But Can any one tell me what the Average price should be for A Wheel hub bearing? part price plus labor? I went to a shop and this guy charged me $ 540.00 parts and Labor. I have an 05...
  6. Noise While Driving

I have a 2005 Ford Ranger xlt 4x4 4.0 Litre v6. Recently i began hearing a sound coming from the Front of the Truck. It Sounds like a Rur rur sound. its very noticable at speeds around 25 mph but is there all the time. In and out of four wheel drive. No sound at full Stop. I thouht it might be...
  7. Shift Flare

Ive done Some research and believe the problem im having is a 2nd to third gear shift flare any help with this?
  8. Rough shifting Transmission

I own a 2005 Ford Ranger 4.0 Engine 5 speed automatic transmission. Normally the transmission shifts smooth but on occasion it shifts rough into the next gear the truck feels like its jerking. I have not had any slipping and no warning lights have come on. Has anyone else had this problem? Or is...
  9. Transmission Shifts Hard

My 2005 Ford Ranger 4.0 auto transmission Normally the Truck Shifts Fine but sometimes under hard acceleration it shifts hard. No Slipping or warning lights. Is this common in Rangers and has any one else had this problem.
  10. Reverse is Slow to engage

I Have a 2005 Ford Ranger xlt 4.0 V6. With a 5 Speed Auto Transmission. When I select Reverse the Transmission Seems Slow to Engage. Has Anyone Else Had this Problem? Or is it Normal for this type of Truck? Transmission Shifts Fine in all other Gears and No Flashing Lights.
  11. Noise from under truck

I have a 2005 Ranger 4x4 4.0 litre engine. I began hearing what sounds like a rattle from under the Truck, the sound is similar to the noise made by a chirpping idler pulley. I notice it when hitting bumps in the road but its not the suspension because when the truck is parked i notice it when I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad