• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. retep88

where are all the ecoboost swaps?

If you google "ecoboost swaps", a majority of what you will find is the 2.0L or the 2.3L ecoboost being put into mustangs or some other small car. If you get specific and search for "3.5L ecoboost swaps" it narrows the results down to a hand full of older f100's and a mustang? I know this is a...
  2. retep88

3.5L ecoboost or bust

Like the Click bait title suggests, I am trying to put the 3.5L ecoboost into a ranger :D This Project has been in the planning stages for about two years (since 2017), so before I show you where I am at now, I need to tell you about where I have been. It started with me wanting a Factory...
  3. retep88

Starter tried falling off

The starter had been acting up on me these past couple of days. I thought it was just going bad. Last night it wouldn't crank the engine at all, just spin the starter. Got underneath to hit it with a wrench (isn't that the proper way to fix a bad starter) and I notice the whole starter move...
  4. retep88

Goodbye gas milleage, see you next spring

We just got our first real snow around here and I can almost watch my gas needle go down. Winter is about the only time I use my 4x4 and my tired little 2.9 doesn't like it when I use it. Not only that, but I get super aggressive when I drive in the winter. Don't know why, but I just do...
  5. retep88

Sad Story

So my poor ranger finally bit the bullet:bawling:. It was in a four car pile up. The car two cars in front of me stopped, the car behind him stopped, then I stopped, the truck behind me didn't. I took the brunt of the damage, the two cars in front of me barely got any damage and the F-150...
  6. retep88

Cool Junkyard

Hey everyone, For those guys that live in Iowa, I found this really cool Junkyard called Doug's 4x4 in Pella Iowa. He had too many full sized fords to count, about a dozen Early Broncos and bunch of rangers from 93 and up. I asked him about Pre-93 rangers and said that he crushed them because...
  7. retep88

engine trouble and low fuel mileage

I have a bronco II, 89, 2.9L. It's been idling poorly once it's warmed up. The idle will rev up then die down, rev up, then die down. It's been getting really bad gas mileage. Like 8 mpg bad. I don't care how bad I drive, it shouldn't be that bad. I pulled the codes and get an all clear...
  8. retep88

Life saving tools

My 5 lb slide hammer and my new angle grinder have saved me a lot of hassle working on my truck and I was wonder what are some other life saving tools you guys have? Your standard set of ratchets, sockets, and wrenches don't count, everybody has those.
  9. retep88

gas tank problems

I have been having gas tank problems. The tank keeps tripping the auto-shutoff at the pumps and it takes me forever to fill up. I know it's the gas tank vent on the top of the tank, so I pulled it off, cleaned it up, made sure it worked, put it back in and hoped that it work. Well it didn't...
  10. retep88

Bronco II YJ ???

I parked next the a mid to late 90's jeep YJ in the other day and noticed that the wheel base for the YJ and my 89 Bronco II where pretty much the same. In fact the only major difference I notice was the frame behind the axle was longer. So my question is has some one put a Bronco body on a YJ...
  11. retep88

gas tank vent

Can some one post some pictures of where the gas tank vent is and what it looks like for a second gen bII. I am having a lot of trouble filling up the gas tank and today the pump wouldn't stay on for more than five seconds before the back pressure got to be to much. I already check the filler...
  12. retep88

driving to the north pole

I saw this when I was home for Christmas break. It would have been better if they hadn't done it in a toyota, but it's still cool. The guys across the pond at Top Gear drove to the north pole. http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/extras/production_notes/polar_special.shtml
  13. retep88

stock BII fender height

The rear leaf springs on my BII are wore out and cracked. I want to replace them, but I suspect a previous owner may have lifted it, I am not sure. Does any one know off had what the stock fender height is for a 89 BII in the front and back. It's got the stock wheels and tires. I want to...
  14. retep88

stock BII fender height

delete please
  15. retep88

fun story about my brother and his ranger

This past weekend my aunt had a family get together at her house. My dad, my fiance, my older brother and I went in one vehicle. My little brother and my mom went in my little brother's 88 ranger. We were running late because everyone slept in that morning, but my vehicle got to my aunts at...
  16. retep88

Long trips

After taking 8, 10 hour trips a year (about 550 miles) going home and back to school at breaks you begin to learn the tricks of the road. Here are some of my favorites. 1) a good roll of duck tape will get ride of all the annoying rattles and window/door seal leaks that will drive you mad on...
  17. retep88

Windows 7 is awesome

If you are running Vista or xp, it is worth the upgrade to get seven. Being a college student I get free versions of microsoft stuff. I just put windows 7 on my computer the other day upgrading it from xp and it's been great. My computer it running faster, games look prettier. I have nothing...
  18. retep88

useful tip

If you find a mouse nest in your passenger side door, don't tell your significant other while they are riding in the passenger seat. I did that to my fiance. She isn't to happy with me right now. If it wasn't for the blizzard, she would probably have gotten out at the next stop and walked...
  19. retep88

Factory Amp location

I have a 89 bronco II Eddie Bauer. I am trying to installing a new head unit in it and I want to use the factory harness. From digging around on the internet I believe it has a factory amp some where, but I can't figure out where, or how to turn it on. :annoyed: could someone tell me where...
  20. retep88

Old Gas?

I have been having some idle problems and some power loss issues with my BII. It's been sitting for 2-3 years so the gas is pretty old. I want to blame the problems on the old fuel, it's got a little less than a quarter tank. My plan is to fill it up with a fresh gas and a bottle of injector...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad