• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Joey Stacks

Master cylinder slave and clutch question

Ok so I got a bad throwout bearing and a leak somewhere in the hydraulic clutch system. A while back I spied some fluid on the pushrod of the clutch master cyl and replaced it only to find I had another leak somewhere else. Well now the time has come to finally drop the trans and replace the...
  2. Joey Stacks

Gastank leak

92 2.3 Ranger this might be the wrong spot for it but I need to figure out if my leak is coming from the filler hose or the tank itself when it was leaking after the last fillup it was coming down the side of the tank and about 1/2 gallon was lost so Im guessing that was the filler hose. My...
  3. Joey Stacks

brakes wont bleed right

I just put a new wheel cylinder in and new rear steel brake lines ( the kind you got to bend yourself) and I bled the brakes... 3 times starting and the passenger side rear and moving toward the drivers front caliper. Pumping brake 3 times than cracking the screw and bleeding them through a...
  4. Joey Stacks

drum brake bleeder screw

Well on my 2wd 92 ranger 4cyl I had to bend and replace the steel brake lines... well when I got under there it looks like one of the bleeder screws has been previously broken off.. And Napa is telling me there are no bleeders on the ford drum brakes... than what is the thing thats sits between...
  5. Joey Stacks

Brake fluid all over my drum

I got home put it in 1st gear shut her off and sppfffshhh the brake pedal hits the floor. I blocked the wheel and looked under it and brake juice all over the passenger side rear tire. Well I stuck my head under there and There is some splatter on the top of the axle but a ton that looked like...
  6. Joey Stacks

Did I spoil my ranger with premium gas?

For some reason this turd truck likes to detonate up hills with regular gas. I usually like putting premium fuel in because I can tell a slight performance increase... but like I said when Im low on dough the regular fuel makes it run like crap... but It seems to get better mileage on regular...
  7. Joey Stacks

It just stopped leaking????

Ok awhile back I found out I ran out of clutch fluid. Refilled it and bled it and ran out again a week later. Started checking around and found some fluid on my pushrod into the master cylinder. Installed a new master cylinder got it properly bled and boom crappy pedal feel 2 weeks later...
  8. Joey Stacks

Hydraulic Clutch line

I Just replaced my master cylinder on my 92 2.3 ranger. Well after about 2 1/2 weeks It decided to pull the same crap on me and now the clutch pedal feels like crap. I guess it was leaking out of both :icon_hornsup: Because I dont feel the need to drop the tranny and only replace the Slave, I...
  9. Joey Stacks

How long till I can fill my rear axle after using RTV

How long till I can fill the rear axle with fluid? It said tighten the bolts on the rear housing after one hour but how long till I can fill it up with gear fluid? The Sealant said 24 hours for full cure but do I need to wait that long? Im not using synthetic
  10. Joey Stacks

Slave Cylinder and Clutch Kits

Well since the M50D is notorious for having slave cylinder's go bad Is there a certain brand you have put in that outlasts the stock unit? Also Im pricing out clutch kits and flywheels is there any that are on top of the list as far as price and performance? My truck is a 92 Ranger with 2.3 4cyl...
  11. Joey Stacks

Clutch master cylinder

Ok this is a thread in response to my "cold weather warm up questions" thread where people stopped checking it. I have a 92 ford ranger 2.3 4cyl Manual trans. The Clutch pedal has a habit of having too much travel in the mornings when its cold and there is a leak somewhere and im thinking...
  12. Joey Stacks

Cold weather warm up questions.

92 Ranger 2.3 Manual Tranny First off this thing wont warm up if its sitting even if its sitting there for 20mins, but if you drive one mile after its been warming up the oil temp gauge finally goes up. Also it never gets to the normal heat range (according to the gauge) its always within...
  13. Joey Stacks

rear drums are locked

Well I think the ebrake froze but I can not break it free. I tried rocking it back and forth and its not working. It makes sounds similar to a bad wheel bearing. How can I unlock the drums from this deathgrip? The parking brake is loose but it seems to still be engaged and thats causing the...
  14. Joey Stacks

Help dont know whats wrong

Ok my truck was fine until I parked it. Went to go somewhere and boom plans crashed and burned. 92 ranger 2.3 The goes into gear and when i give it gas it is rough and will barely go, like the ebrake was engaged... it isnt. It also squeals like crazy. It will go (as in moving foreward the...
  15. Joey Stacks

The Drift Ranger Is In The Works Need Help

thanks ive been looking into everything like crazy hopefully in a month or so i can resurrect this thread with some pictures right now i doubt anyone cares to see my ranger with only exhaust and ported intake and a stripped interior... but i cant let this dream die
  16. Joey Stacks

good idea i will look into that conversion i got plenty of time on my hands now ;)
  17. Joey Stacks

thanks guys i hit a major snag on monday.... I got laid off from work due to lack of work this is going to be a little slow going. Thanks for the help if i have more questions i will refer back to this thread and post something new when i run into trouble. I still plan on doing this but with...
  18. Joey Stacks

THANKS the 2.3T swap is what im planning and i was told the 8.8 was a better idea but is there any good websites to find some of the suspension parts i need? Ive been browsing like crazy and havent found anything except that cheap ebay kit and i wouldnt want to flip the rear leafs until i...
  19. Joey Stacks

Ok so my dumbass dream to build a turbo drift ranger is in full effect... In a few days im about to strip the interior to add a roll cage (FIRST REAL MOD) besides my dynamax exhaust and ported intake. its a 92 RANGER XLT RWD LONG BED and basically i need to find a stiff suspension for it while...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad