• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 97RangerXLT

key switch

wasn't sure if PATS was in 99 or not. sounds like you got lucky, go grab a kit from Autozone and drill the old one out. Now you will have two keys, one for the doors and one for the ignition. I would still give your BIL a dope slap lol AJ
  2. 97RangerXLT

key switch

99 may have PATS if it is a V6... give your BIL a dope slap, get the free column and pay a dealer or locksmith to set up a new key that fits the new ignition. If it doesn't have PATS, yank the old cylinder out (you may have to drill it) and get the kit at any autoparts store. AJ
  3. 97RangerXLT

Need everyones input....

yeah the 20 questions routine and then not interested. "is it still for sale?" [ad says if it is still up, it is still for sale] "I'll come get it tomorrow" no show. "can you deliver an hour away?" No, I am not Fed-Ex, I have a job that I have to do during the day... "can I just buy the...
  4. 97RangerXLT

FORD to recall 43000 SUV`s

Neither, it was the rooster. Glad I could help. AJ
  5. 97RangerXLT

A type of horse. Just like a mustang and bronco. not to be confused with a maverick which is a steer/ cow. anything else I can help you with in animal identification :p AJ
  6. 97RangerXLT

for both cases, I am pretty sure it is not the engineers that were to blame. And while a good generation is between the Pinto and the Escape/ Bronco Sport, the guilty party has the same issue: contol costs even if a few people die from it. that would go on the accountants and senior...
  7. 97RangerXLT

did they not learn from the PR disaster of not adding a 7 dollar fix to keep the PInto from exploding in a rear end collision? SMH... AJ
  8. 97RangerXLT

possible new project

yes! save that Ranger from spending an eternity rusting away next to a Chevy! AJ
  9. 97RangerXLT

Need everyones input....

You are in Michigan, you only need A/C like 2 weeks out of the year! AJ
  10. 97RangerXLT

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

yep. got a roll of the 1/2" variety sitting around somewhere for a future need/ project AJ
  11. 97RangerXLT

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

little known fact about those meeses... they only need a hole as big as a 1/4" to gain entrance to anything you own... your truck will not keep them out. Rats need just 1/2" was told this by my pest control guy... AJ
  12. 97RangerXLT

Need some help....

I am with Gump on this one... not enough juice is getting to the starter. make sure all the connections to the battery are clean and tight, same for the connection to the starter and the relay on the fender. take the cable off to to clean it when you check the connection. Inspect the cables...
  13. 97RangerXLT

Inspiration for Tesla's Cybertruck Revealed?!

I saw one on I 65 a week or so ago. See my truck spotters post thread in general section It is big. I was thinking it would be Ranger if i ever go fullsized or even Maverick sized. It is much bigger, F250 is pretty accurate for size comparison. If I ever go full stupid and drop 100k on an...
  14. 97RangerXLT

Need everyones input....

Another vote for a vacuum leak. Looks nice though, worth the 1000 bucks
  15. 97RangerXLT

Total eclipse

Here are my eclipse photos. Taken with a Canon EOS Rebel T7 camera using a EF 75 - 300mm lens and a K & F Concepts ND 100000 solar filter. Did all the settings manually. F Stop 5.6 at 1/500, ISO 400. Used the Canon ap to remotely take pictures with my smart phone so I wouldn't bump the camera
  16. 97RangerXLT

What did YOU do today?

Back down at the parents. Another new disposal and a much more pliable ground wire soldered to the stiff one. About a half hour fighting the wires and plumbing and it works fine, no leaks. Moved on to better things such as a distillery tour and Bourbon tasting at Buffalo Trace Distillery...
  17. 97RangerXLT

Truckspotters

That's not a Ranger!
  18. 97RangerXLT

Finally some pics of the truck for everyone

Nice looking truck! glad you are keeping it in the family. and under 50k miles, I think it has been about 23 years since my ranger saw that milestone lol AJ
  19. 97RangerXLT

Help

likely you have one issue that is the root cause and it is affecting the other codes. research the codes and see what they are, test the part if you can, check the wiring/ hoses/ connection to the part. before you get too busy chasing the codes down, double check all of the vacuum lines and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad