• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. insaneranger

83 302 build

Nice! I put a 650 AVS2 on my '88 last year & it's a big improvement over the old Edelbrock "off road" 650 I had on it. The off road 650 always ran too rich no matter what I did. The AVS series are so much smoother & drivable.
  2. insaneranger

Photos of different wheel/tire sizes on stock and lowered 2WD's

Yes. Nothing rubs & the wheels tuck into the wheel wells when dropped.
  3. insaneranger

Shaved & Bagged '88 Super Cab

It's a sending unit for a temperature gauge. UPS is bringing me another gallon Trick Shift today. When I take my truck to have the fluid changed out I'm going to take more pictures & the mechanic that did the repairs is going to fill out papers as a witness to the damages. The repairs were not...
  4. insaneranger

It never ends!! I had to contact a lawyer today. My transmission was leaking badly & needed a new front pump seal & intermediate shaft seal replaced. That went fine, but instead of using type f fluid, (I had a whole case of B&M Trick Shift sitting in the front seat) the shop owner added four...
  5. insaneranger

O-Ring Help

I'm not sure. It's flattened out & cone shaped on one side. The new seal kit came with o-rings so I assumed this took one too. I have a local Tractor Supply so I may check there. I just wasn't sure if it had to be a "perfect" fit or just something that's close enough. Here's a better look at...
  6. insaneranger

O-Ring Help

I'm sure it's been asked many times, but my pump is leaking where the pressure fitting threads into the pump & I'm having a hard time finding the correct size o-ring for my power steering pump. Non of the o-rings that comes in the rebuilt kit are even close. I've contacted a couple Ford parts...
  7. insaneranger

Oil Filter Relocation hose issue

I would ditch the clamps & get some custom hoses made. I had NAPA make some hoses with NPT fittings that thread directly into the oil kit & have never had a leak.
  8. insaneranger

compression ratio, whats too much?

Shouldn't be a problem on the street, but like others have said, simply run a higher octane if you have any issues. I run 92 or 93 octane (that's the highest available here). I filled up one day & the 93 octane pump was out of order so I used 87. I started having a knocking problem later that...
  9. insaneranger

SOLD! Manual Steering Box w/Pitman Arm & Linkage

Sold & shipped to misterW! Thanks.
  10. insaneranger

motor mounts

I would suggest going all poly or all rubber. The rubber motor mounts allow a certain amount of flex, but the stiff poly trans mount refuses to flex as much & could cause the trans mount to crack or break. The engine & transmission are bolted together as a solid unit & should be able to flex as...
  11. insaneranger

SOLD! Manual Steering Box w/Pitman Arm & Linkage

Manual steering box, pitman arm, & steering linkage. The rag joint has a couple cracks, but otherwise everything's in great shape. I had power steering installed a few weeks ago & no longer need it. $100 shipped for everything or $75 shipped for the steering box & Pittman arm. I'm located in...
  12. insaneranger

83 truck bed liner

Does yours have a 6ft or 7ft bed? Pendaliner makes full bed liners for the 6ft models, but I've only seen rubber or carpeted mats for 7ft beds in recent years.
  13. insaneranger

Help with power steering hose

I'm not sure which style brackets & pulleys you're using, but I used a Ford Racing a/c eliminator kit to relocate my steering pump. There's plenty of room & it lines up perfectly with Fox body pulleys & stock Ranger hoses. Three bolts hold the bracket on the front of the drivers side head & then...
  14. insaneranger

I finally got the truck back today & am pleased to have power steering again. It's been almost 20 years since it had PS. I went back & got the flow valve & spring out of the junkyard Ranger just in case, but the stock Mustang pump/valve works perfectly. It's great to be able to park without...
  15. insaneranger

It's not much to look at, but I finally got my truck back today & it has power steering again. The difference is amazing. Manual steering may feel great while on the road, but it's a real pain to park. I also had the front rod ends on the ladder bar suspension replaced with ends that have hard...
  16. insaneranger

Mouse nest in air filter box

I had the same problem a couple years ago when I was getting my truck back on the road. I put mousetraps baited with peanut butter in the bed, floorboards, & under my truck. I also agree with getting an outdoor cat to help take care of business.
  17. insaneranger

Thanks. I may be making a trip back to the junkyard. (I'm dreading it. I have some cracked ribs & can barely use my right arm right now.) I got the brass pump fitting that the hose threads into, but the spring & "flow control valve" is still sitting in the pump...or in the giant mud puddle under...
  18. insaneranger

I brought that up in another thread & was told that there's no difference in the pumps. I found a junkyard yesterday with the same model ranger as mine so I took the outlet fitting off of it & installed it in the mustang pump. The hose definitely fits better, but I won't know if it's sealed...
  19. insaneranger

Here's the hose I have. Is this the wrong one?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad