• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. sspencer82

FM 146...part 2

want to get rid of my FM146 that ate two gears. I can find plenty of MDO5 trannies but not for 4WD. Don't you still have to have a tail piece that will match up with the tranfer case?
  2. sspencer82

Fm146

have an 88 with an FM146. ate 2 gears, cluster and input (I think). Can't find any info on how to tear the tranny down and replace the gears. everything else inside the tranny looks good, possible rebuild in the past. Anyone know where to find out how to tear one down? if not, will an M5od R1...
  3. sspencer82

Fm146

Have an 88 ranger with an FM146 that decided to smooth over 2 gears. I can't find any sources that can tell me how to diassemble it and replace the gears...HELP! everything else inside looks good
  4. sspencer82

Todays 2.9 puzzle

'88 2.9 starts and runs fine for 3 seconds, "check engine light" comes on, rpm drops. Yes this is the same engine from 'Stuck at 3K'... the thing will NOT go into tune like it should. Doesn't matter whether PIP plug is in or out...no change. The engine has no power. Have to turn radio up to...
  5. sspencer82

stuck at 3k rpm

I have an '88 Ranger supercab 4x4. Just had the engine rebuilt. The engine won't go over 3000 RPM, even floored...any ideas? Not the ECM swapped a different in to check
  6. sspencer82

stuck at 3k rpm

I have an '88 Ranger supercab 4x4. Just had the engine rebuilt. The engine won't go over 3000 RPM, even floored...any ideas? Not the ECM swapped a different in to check.
  7. sspencer82

hot wheels

I have an '88 Ranger 4x4 w/2.9L. It's basically dumping gas into the engine. I've replaced the pressure regulator, still dumping gas. In fact the tailpipe caught on fire 2 weeks ago. Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad