• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. James86

Leveling

I've had my truck for 10 years and when I got it, the front was significantly lower than the rear. After a few years, decided to have a local shop do a t-bar crank just to level it a bit and do an alignment. Was happy for a year or so, then a leaf broke on one side at some point. I ended up...
  2. James86

4WD not working....

We finally got our snow in Minnesota, and low and behold, for the first time since I've owned my truck the 4WD will not work. The front makes the same clunk as usual, but apart from that, I don't feel the 4WD working. I crawled under and both hubs are engaging as far as I can tell (the CV...
  3. James86

3.0 tuning questions

I've been looking around on the site, asking around a little bit, and am curious about tuning my 3.0. I have a 1999 Flex Fuel 3.0 Ranger with an auto and 4.10 gears. I live in an area with around a dozen different E85 stations and have been using E85 for at least 5 years now in my truck and...
  4. James86

ABS Codes

My ABS light has been intermittently coming on and off recently on my 1999 Ranger with four wheel ABS. Cycling the key will make the light go out, but I have a scan tool that can pull ABS and transmission codes so I hooked it up when the light came on again and it gave me: B1233 B1234 The...
  5. James86

1999 Ford Ranger

I've had my truck for a while and done a few things, so figured, what the hell, I'll start some sort of a build/change thread, just to remind myself I couldn't leave the damned thing alone. If I hear any suggestions of what else to do, I'll probably at least consider them (isn't that the point...
  6. James86

1988 Mustang LX

Wasn't sure if I could tuck this under "4-bangers" or just under a non RBV thread, but anywho, here it goes. I recently got a 1988 Ford Mustang 2.3L auto for about $250. It's been sitting for 6 years, but we went out, threw in a battery, and managed to start it right up. Now I know it's going...
  7. James86

Roller rockers for 3.0

Im intrigued by roller rockers, but haven't really come across a decent walk thru or gotten an idea of how many people have done them. To me, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to stick with a motor I know the history of and know is running great than do a swap, so I'm looking towards roller...
  8. James86

Alternator Identification

I was at the U-Pull yesterday with a friend and was skimming thru the Ford Explorers and spied what looked like a brand new alternator in a 2000 Ford Explorer 4.0 OHV sport(2-door). I snatched it up for $27.50, after recalling that the Tech Library...
  9. James86

Two part question...

I have two questions and one seems like it might as well go here.... Firstly, seeing as how I run E85 all year and have done so for years, does it make any sense to use injector cleaner? All injector cleaner seems to be is some form of alcohol anyways and I can't say that it seems to make any...
  10. James86

Just wondering....

Since it's axle and 3.0 related, I didn't know where to pose this question, but what is the most common rear axle ratio for a 3.0? I read a lot on here about what a turd it is, and from what I've seen in sigs and threads is that a lot of guys have 3.73's. I have 4.10's and an auto, and I think...
  11. James86

Fuel pressure regulator

Ok, so my friend bought a fuel pressure regulator for his 1998 Ranger 3.0 and didnt know where it is on the vehicle. I looked at it and said, "gee, mine looks NOTHING like that" and trundled over to my truck and popped the hood to point to what I thought was my FPR. After pondering how his...
  12. James86

Palmer Performance scanner

I was flipping through this month's "Popular Mechanics" and they had a walkthru for building a shop PC. While it seemed like a ridiculously overpowered and over priced machine overall, I was interested in the Palmer Performance Engineering ScanXL USB OBD-II scan tool. My wife has had a VAG-COM...
  13. James86

here's one for you guys....

Alright, I have a 1999 3.0 FFV ranger. About a month ago, it started throwing either the "Bank 1 Lean," Bank 2 Lean" or both codes. Driveability hasn't really changed but I took it in anyways to have it looked at. I suspected a vacuum leak, but everyone shouted me down and said the O2 sensors...
  14. James86

Vacuum Hubs

Do the vacuum hubs on 98-(?) Rangers need to be covered? I know there's that screen on them, but the centercaps on the rims aren't airtight or anything anyways. I got new rims and I think it looks better without any covers at all. Water would've gotten around the decorative caps anyways so...
  15. James86

Ranger/Chevy?

Anyone on TRS from the Hutchinson MN area? I keep seeing a black 99-00ish ranger with a black grille with a Chevy bow-tie on the grille and was curious if it was anyone on here. I know I've seen SBC swaps on here and on Youtube, but was curious if it was someone who actually put a chevy...
  16. James86

Engine outputs

Wasn't sure where to put this ( I own a 3.0 FFV, so wasn't sure specifically where this ost should be), but since I've seen more than a few people ask about ethanol and such, and see arguing about HP rating between the engines, I decided to dig out my manual and see what Ford's official ratings...
  17. James86

Changing Rims

I'm thinking of getting replacement wheels since my alloys are pretty corroded, but one of my concerns is that since my 1999 has vacuum hubs, there's an opening with a screen on the end of my front hubs. The OEM centercaps cover them pretty well, but im not sure what would happen if I ran steel...
  18. James86

Throttle Bodies

I was in the U-Pull the other day with a buddy and started poking around to see what goodies were worth picking up. I'd heard that different throttle bodies will work on the 3.0 vulcan and a common I've read was a duratec throttle body on a composite intake. I found ONE taurus new enough to...
  19. James86

3.0 Intake Manifolds

I've searched the threads and searched the web, but cannot seem to come up with a picture of what the composite intakes look like. If anyone could upload a picture, I'd appreciate it. Also, what combinations are possible with the intakes? I have a 1999 3.0, so if I went hunting for one of...
  20. James86

Misc. Questions

I'm planning on doing my brakes soon, and was trying to figure what size drums I have short of taking off a drum and measuring it (if I'm that far, I'd rather just have the right shoes nearby) so i was wondering if maybe knowing what axle I have would help me figure it out. Only, the tag on my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad