• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Proper Vacuum range???

What is the proper vacuum range for a 2003 FFV 3.0. Where do I find the published specs for this?
  2. What are the factory instrument cluster bulbs

The parts stores show a 161 and a 194LL. They are the same form factor but different wattages. Does anybody know which one is the factory replacement or are there both kinds in the cluster? Please Help....
  3. EVERYONE'S opinion needed

Flex Fuel vs. Non Flex Fuel........ Post your experiences and opinions regarding 1. Differences in how the two run. 2. Differences in MPG. 3. Idle Quality. 4. Engine Life.
  4. Oh happy day.......

Well I got mt truck back yesterday. A complete engine rebuild. I have been chasing a horrible idle for a year. The heads were replaced due to a catastrophic overheat and the guy a Tidewater Engine Rebuilders said they did a horrible job. Some of the worst work he has ever seen. He could shine...
  5. Ford Factory Remanufactured Engines vs the OTHERS

Does anybody have any experience with the Ford Factory Reman engines? My 2003 needs a new engine and the dealership uses Ford remanufactured engines. They do come with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. Are they as good as a Jasper Reman?
  6. BAD VALVE????? I think...

Well I have been having trouble with this truck for awhile now. I went out today and did some real troubleshooting and thinking and think it may be a bad valve. Here is what I have now: 1. Engine runs rough at idle, but ok at highway speeds. 2. After a 15 minute warmup at idle the forward O2...
  7. Replacing a Camshaft Position Synchro

I have searched all the "Ranger" forums and I can not find any really clear instructions for replacing the CPS. I do have the allignment tool on order. There are numerous threads detailing the woes of the CPS, but not the replacement. The ones talking about the replacement have no real detail...
  8. Top-Dead-Center HELP.....

How do you guys find TDC (top-dead-center) on the compression stroke for the #1 cylinder? I do not see any timing marks on the crank pulley, or the block for that matter. I am not going to order specialty indicators that thread into the spark plug hole or anything like that. There seems to be...
  9. Does your STOCK 3.0l have a little GROWL to it????

Just wondering. I would like to get you guys experience with this. MIne seems to have a little growl when driving. Definatly not Honda V6 quiet.
  10. Oil Consumption

Should I bee worried about consuming 1 qt of oil every 3000-3200 miles? There are no leaks anywhere. The truck has 62000 miles on it.
  11. Protection for the lower door area?

What do you guys use to protect the lower door area and keep road grime from sticking like concrete? Is there a product out there for this kind of thing?
  12. Another IDLE problem for you Ford Techs

I am literally having the EXACT issue Blackedge03 was having with his 2003 Edge 3.0l. I have a rough idle. Feels like a misfire, but I am left scratching by head. PLEASE HELP. Here is the data and work done so far: 2003 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0l FFV 2WD with 5 speed AUTO. 1. Recent compression...
  13. How To Adjust The Idle Set Screw?

Can someone tell me the correct way to adjust the idle set screw on a 2003 3.0l Flex Fuel engine? Lets just say mine was "adjusted" incorrectly and I need to get it back to the proper factory setting.
  14. Camshaft position Synchro

Autozone sells them "WITH" and WITHOUT" step on plug. The two look identical, so what is the difference. It could be a misprint as they call the part a crankshaft position sensor.
  15. Key fob issue

Both key fobs work on my truck, but only in a limited fashion. Sometimes they do not work at all, other times they work fine. I have tried new batteries and resetting them. It almose feels like there is sometimes interference with the remote. Anyone know how to deal with this?
  16. ASE or Ford Tech HELP needed please

Below is the recorded data from a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 FFV V6 2wd. The truck seems to run great but idles like crap. The idle is rough and seems to have a miss. This data is after new Autolite APP103 (factory equivellant) sparkplugs, Autolite Professional wires, Cleaned MAF, Coil is 2...
  17. Driver's seat bottom is dished......

I have a 2003 Ranger Edge extra cab with the 60/40 seats. The driver's seat bottom cushion is worn. Is there a way to fix this without 150.00 bucks at an upholstery shop? Can you just add foam? How easy is it to remove the cushion material from the seat bottom? On a side note what year...
  18. A clean 3.0 is a happy 3.0

Spent several hours washing truck today. Did the bi-annual engine wash. A clean 3.0 is a happy 3.0, I always say.
  19. 5R55E with a 3.0l

I have a 2003 Edge with a 3.0l v6. According to the service sticker it has a 5R55E transmission. This seems to be kinda rare. Does anyone else have this combo from the factory.
  20. Diagnostic results???

Here are the results of the mechanical diag done today. 2003 Ranger 3.0l flex. 54000 miles. Idle vacuum 18in. Compression cyl1 161 cyl2 156 cyl3 160 cyl4 160 cyl5 146 cyl6 165 Should I be concerned with any of these numbers?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad