• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.9L + Turbo = ?

rear mount
  2. 2.9L V6 Engine enhancements

very very fat way the **** back 17 lbs of boost on 9:1 compression. what do think it would be? It isn't "slightly". keeping it from blowing up is job 1. remember that. I can dial it all back, and have. woohoo. but any chance of it detonating changes that.
  3. 1988 Ranger Restoration - Keeping a Promise

blending the seats is everything. focus within an inch of the valve. all the gains are there. I don't gasket match any more.
  4. 1988 Ranger Restoration - Keeping a Promise

I turned my m5od with my 93 Ranger 2.3 turbo, plenty fast. No worries. >> Hypereuctic pistons, deburr and balance with deburred and shot peened (giggidy) factory rods. Arp rod bolts, and Arp extended main bolts. Main stud girdle. She's gonna need it. << I have none of that on my 88 Ranger 2.9...
  5. 2.9L V6 Engine enhancements

PetroleumJunkie412 asked me some things in a pm, but I'm choosing to answer publicly, in hopes of helping others: >>> Hey, was re reading that thread again. You mentioned you didn't like most turbo sizing formulas? Been reading on that area for a few months, and still trying to figure out if the...
  6. 2.9L V6 Engine enhancements

I would not buy headers, but I'm famously cheap. If that other boosted picture made over 500 hp on 21 psi, what do think mine makes on 17psi? Just think about it. Here's the pics added to the site, not on photobucket. If you can get exhaust pipe bent easily and cheaply, there is no other...
  7. Really, really bad forced induction idea...

When using an FPR you need to use a fuel pump that is spec'd for hi pressure. Usually has a HP in it's part number. These are available anywhere now, even ebay, cheap. Since the FPR closes the return line the FP spikes and the pump needs to be able to pump into that back pressure. My FP spikes...
  8. Really, really bad forced induction idea...

https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/2-9l-turbo.60282/#post-541839 Let me know if that link takes you to a thread. That's where most of the info is. Pumps are hi pressure in tank and a Vortex T-Rex rail pump. Stock speed density ECU I used a Crane Spark Re tard box and an...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad