• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rusty ol ranger

What would cause this?

Yesterday bringing home a load of wood with my F250 i heard a weird "whop whop" noise under the hood. Stopped and popped it open and the belt is riding up off the pulley and self destructing. It has 2 different serpintine style belts, one manually tensioned that goes around the alternator...
  2. rusty ol ranger

Need everyones input....

I found a very nice 86 F150 Lariat on CL...has a 302/auto and he wants 1000 bucks... New tires. New exhaust and semi new battery. He says it idles high (not super concerned about that) but after about 15 min of driving he says it goes into like a "limp mode" and loses a bunch of power...will...
  3. rusty ol ranger

Ft Wayne rod and custom show (pic heavy)

Heard about this on the radio yesterday....decided to take the 80 mi drive and check it out....was NOT disappointed... My favorite of the show. Yes its a chevy. A 78 K20 to be exact. 400V8/TH400. Restored to showroom. Had to wipe off the drool. Didnt get alot of details on this...
  4. rusty ol ranger

Insanity....

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/99868171 13k? For this?! It looks like its full of ebay parts and then ran into a tree. Whoever priced this is on serious crack
  5. rusty ol ranger

How do i stop this?

I figured out how to watch youtube on my TV and control it with my phone. Anyways....sometimes after an ad break the video comes back on and the closed caption is on. I then have to manually shut it off. Sometimes it happens numerous times and its annoying as shit. Anyways to stop this?
  6. rusty ol ranger

Anyone having issues with Fedex lately?

I ordered a couple tires for my ranger from priority tire a few days ago. The trackers been stuck on "label created" since about 6 hrs after i ordered. I called priority yesterday and they said they were on their way and the tracker should of updated by last night. Its still stuck on label...
  7. rusty ol ranger

Wish we could get this here...

Of course overseas only. I might actually buy a new ranger if this was here.
  8. rusty ol ranger

Purolator oil filters?

Do purolator filters use an anti drainback valve? I know purolator atleast did make motocraft filters....just curious cause im looking for an alternate to the stupidly priced FL1A's ive always ran.
  9. rusty ol ranger

Toby keith passed away.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/country-singer-toby-keith-dead-62.amp RIP Toby. I loved his music.
  10. rusty ol ranger

Screens are out of control

2025 Expedition. I know i can be fickle but can we all agree this is just beyond stupid? Not only does it ruin an otherwise pretty nice looking dash/layout but its just...obnoxious.
  11. rusty ol ranger

Just a curiosity question

How hard is it to make the rear top on a B2 removeable? I know its been done here before but never paid much attention. Is it just as simple as using a sawzall and making some latches? Or more involved.
  12. rusty ol ranger

Door Hinges...how hard?

97 F250 HD (OBS) My drivers door is hard to shut again. I had maaco replace the pins and bushings a couple years ago...the rigged it up cause the hinge holes were hogged out, the door never was quite right and now the bushings have failed...again. How hard is it to replace the hinges...
  13. rusty ol ranger

Winter Vs Summer MPG on newer vehicles

I notice a pretty dramatic drop in MPG in the winter in my 17 Grand cherokee. I know that in winter all vehicles use more fuel but this seems to be a bit much. During the summer, even after switching to BFG AT tires and removing some of the goofy air deflection stuff up front i was still...
  14. rusty ol ranger

Sweet off road/camping rig...

https://www.exoticcartrader.com/listing/2022-ford-f-550-27north-4x4-203-wb-ascender-1?utm_term=&utm_campaign=PMax:+Smart+Shopping+Campaign+-+V1&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=7340599750&hsa_cam=20527388117&hsa_grp=&hsa_ad=&hsa_src=x&hsa_tgt=&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&ga...
  15. rusty ol ranger

Winter boots....

I need a new pair. My 20 year old sorels blew out last year when i was plowing snow. I heard that since sorel moved manufacturing to china their quality has gone to shit. Ive narrowed it down to these two options.... Baffin Titan. Supposdly stupid warm. Cant really find a bad review on them...
  16. rusty ol ranger

2.9 oil cooler

Has anyone found, or added from junkyard parts, an oil cooler on a 2.9? Just curious
  17. rusty ol ranger

Aftermarket EFI...

I know...this is coming from me. When i build my original 351 from my LTD im thinking about trying an aftermarket TBI setup. It would cost me right around 1000 bucks to run the Aces Deuce 2bbl TBI setup. Has anyone ran this? Are they any good? The biggest thing thats held me back on this is...
  18. rusty ol ranger

More ford 351W questions...

Few questions... Can i use a 77 timing cover on a 96 block? I was reading about the water pumps being different. Will the 96 block accept a V belt alternator bracket? After my 86 engine fell through i found a 96...that runs. But i want to switch it to V belts so i can run the early style...
  19. rusty ol ranger

Engine machining

Not sure exactly where to put this. Anyways...some of you know about my LTD II/351W adventures in my build thread. The engine in the car ran good...20 years ago. Untill the timing chain slipped and bent valves, etc. I have the engine out of the car...and im up in the air with what to do...
  20. rusty ol ranger

Ford trademarked "F200"

https://share.newsbreak.com/4ts6t6t9 Same deal as 1975 to get around unleaded gas/emissions when the 150 ran along side the 100? Whats your guys take?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad