• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. jimmyess333

anyone converted a late model to V8?

I was just wondering if anyone converted any mid 2000's-up models to V8...
  2. jimmyess333

windowless camper top...install windows?

I have a love/hate relationship with my windowless Camper top. I love it's usefulness but hate the way it blocks my vision. I'd love to sell it and replace it but all the tops I've seen are about $1,000 Has anyone had success intalling windows in a camper top that came without? My top is A.R.E...
  3. jimmyess333

Rapid Depreciation?

Is it just me or do these trucks seem to depreciate fast? My truck is only 3 years old and worth less than half of new.
  4. jimmyess333

Is shifter bushing bad?

OK folks, I've never none anything to a manual trans except change the clutch and change oil. The internals and the shifter mechanism is still a mystery to me. My truck is a 2007 with the aluminum duratec 4cyl and a 5 speed manual transmission and 110,000 miles. I changed the fluid 30,000 miles...
  5. jimmyess333

Who has unplugged their airbag system?

I've been driving my 2007 Ranger with an airbag light on for months. I tried messing with the connections under the seat but nothing seems to make the light go out and stay out. Since the bags aren't functional with the light on anyway is there something that I can unplug that will make the...
  6. jimmyess333

Is anyone running Cragar SS wheels on a late model?

I'm just curious if anyone is running classic Cragar SS wheels on a later model ranger. Post pics please if you are. Thanks
  7. jimmyess333

overheats when I turn it off then on

Sometimes when I stop for gas on a really hot day the temp will read about half way when I turn the engine off but the guage will be pinned for up to 30 seconds and the temp light will be on when I turn the engine back on. If I leave the truck idling it's never a problem, only if I turn it off...
  8. jimmyess333

Differential gets very hot when towing, should I be concerned?

After towing a trailer for several hours at 70mph I did a hand touch check on the rear diff and it was VERY hot. It this normal or something to be concerned about? Is there something I can do to keep the diff cool? The trailer's total weight was under 1,000 lbs and I have a 7-1/2 rear.
  9. jimmyess333

Late model pinion flange/special Ford tools questions

Hello all I have an 07 2WD Ranger with the 7.5 rear and I'm preparing to replace a leaking pinion seal. Although I haven't worked on one of these rears before I've been pretty successful in the past working on my own vehicles by taking my time and carefully following service manual procedures...
  10. jimmyess333

Where can I get a standard rear brake drum puller?

All I can find is the kind that hooks to the wheel studs like for the rear drum of a front wheel drive car or the old classic front drums. What I need is the typical 2 or 3 jaw puller that hooks to the lip of a rear drum, the kind of drum that slides over the studs. I've looked at Sears, Snap...
  11. jimmyess333

Thinking of moving my rear speakers to the doors too, has anyone else done this?

I recently installed 4 new speakers in my regular cab truck. The replacements in the doors made a huge difference but I hardly know the ones behind the seat are there. I didn't expect any high end because of the seats but it doesn't feel like there's much added to the bass either. I was thinking...
  12. jimmyess333

Does anyone have a Kenwood KSC-WD250T 10 inch amplified sub?

I know I'm killing this section with "Has anyone tried..." posts but I'm really trying to get the right setup within my budget while doing a clean install that's not a theft magnet. My goal is a pretty clean sound with enough power to sound really good inside the truck. I don't care, and rather...
  13. jimmyess333

Has anyone tried this box specifically for Ranger?

http://www.supercrewsound.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=25&catId=60 I was wondering if it's any good.
  14. jimmyess333

Has anyone extended the area behind the seat?

Maybe the back wall in a ranger could be extended closer to the bed to gain a few more inches for more behind-the-seat storage or speakers?
  15. jimmyess333

REGULAR cab subwoofers-let's see yours

I did a search so if this has already been covered please drop the link in this thread. Given the extra challenge of putting subs in a regular cab I'd love to see how some of you have overcome this.
  16. jimmyess333

Painting plastic mirrors, Enamel or Laquer

I've decided to try my hand at painting my mirror housings body color. The truck is bright white so color matching shouldn't be too much of an issue. The issue I DO have is I only have experience painting metal. Is the procedure the same? (Rough up, prime, paint) The other question is do I have...
  17. jimmyess333

Will a chome front bumper from a 2000 fit 2007?

Well, I've had the truck for a few months now I'm ready to change a few things. The first thing to go is the black grille for a chrome one. That leaves the black bumper which I would like to do something with. I'd either like to make the bumper 2 tone like the 2009 or go with a chome one like in...
  18. jimmyess333

Are wheel skins trash?

I did a search and I as surprised I couldn't find a thread on this already. I have a stock 2007 Ranger with the matte gray wheels. I've seen the same wheels in chrome on some Rangers and I've also seen wheel skins that cover my wheels and make them look like the chrome wheels. That leaves me...
  19. jimmyess333

Leak at the clutch pedal (2007)

I'm starting to get a few drops of clutch oil in the cab under the pedal. Is there a seal that commonly goes bad or do I need to rebuild or replace the cylinder?
  20. jimmyess333

Who has changed the heater core through the airbag hole?

I have a 2007 ranger and I need to do the heater core soon. I was wondering who has changed the heater core by removing the passenger airbag and what year truck they have? I'll probably have to unbolt the heater box from the firewall still but if I can avoid dropping the column and dash that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad