• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. I'm Back

drive shaft issues after axle swap and lift

alright guys I need some major help here i've got an 83 ranger single cab short box 4 cyl 4 spd manual, I have a 6" lift and i've swapped in a 8.8 and D35 out of an explorer. my rear shaft angle is too much for the U joints so I want to go with one double Cardan joint but I'm not sure how to...
  2. I'm Back

What rim offsets are you running on your 4x4

Hey I'm planning on running 35x12.5x15 on my 83 ranger on explorer axles and I'm wondering what people with similar set ups have for a rim offset? I want to keep the tires under the body as much as possible without losing my turning radius. So what's everyone running?
  3. I'm Back

driveshaft lengths

Hey I've got an 83 Single Cab short box ranger that Im swapping a 92 explorer 8.8 and D35 into. Does anyone know what the Driveshaft lengths should be after its all done? I have the shafts out of the Explorer as well and a flanged rear output for my T-case. I was hoping to use the bigger...
  4. I'm Back

2.3L cooling system part

ok so i've got a 83' 4x4 with a 2.3L in it, well when i was putting my steering shaft extension in i broke, i think whats called a PVS switch off a block which attached to a plate that bolts onto the front of the intake manifold. I've got the new switch which was a pain to find, with taking...
  5. I'm Back

D35 and plate drop bracket

hey guys Im sure this question has been answered before but I can't seem to find what Im looking for so i'll ask anyways. I've got an 83 ranger with a 6" BDS lift and the D28, anyways i came across a D35 for a good price and am going to put it in. I have read that there are clearance issues...
  6. I'm Back

1983 2.3 vacuum diagrams

does anyone have vacuum line diagrams for an 83 ranger with the 2.3L? thanks
  7. I'm Back

body mount replacement question?

Hey so i was putting a body lift in my ranger , discovered all my mounts are cracked and falling apart, so i ordered up some poly eurothane bushings for it. i got the kit today, and found that it doesn't include the steel inserts that go threw the middle of the mounts or the washer/nut sleeve...
  8. I'm Back

Welding on an Explorer 8.8?

Hey I am currently in the process of doing the 8.8 swap, and i was wondering if there are any must knows to welding on axle houseing and spring purches and such, because isn't it cast? i know how to place everything, i just want to make sure the welds are going to hold up so is there a technique...
  9. I'm Back

whats stronger/better for wheeling?

hey well i've got the 4spd standard thats in the truck right now with a blown reverse gear(83' ,2.3L by the way) anyways i knew this when i bought it, i've got an M5OD out of an 89 with the 2.3L which i thought was fine but turns out its got a blown 2nd gear so i have to get one of them fixed...
  10. I'm Back

front/rear end swap questions

hey i just got my 83 ranger with 2.3L 4spd single cab short box 4x4 im swapping out the 4spd manual to a 5spd out of an 89 single cab long box 4x4 that had a 2.3L i also have the front/rear ends out of the other truck and transfer case i definately want to change the rear end out, is there any...
  11. I'm Back

check timing procedures

hey i just want to check the timing on my 83 2.3L whats the procedure for doing this other then just plugging in the light thanks
  12. I'm Back

4spd manual to 5spd manual

hey sorry i haven't been on here for a long long time so all my lingo is gone anyways im back in to the ranger game, i just bought a 83 ranger 4x4 with the 2.3L(love those little engines) with the 4 spd manual trans but reverse is gone in it well i've got sitting at home a 5sp manual trans that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad