• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. gw33gp

Heater hose tee for 4.0 SOHC

I am pretty sure there was a post about replacing the plastic tee that is on the heater hose which feeds the PCV valve loop, but I can't find it. I want to replace mine with a metal one. Before I spend a lot of time trying to find one, I am asking if anyone can lead me in the right direction...
  2. gw33gp

Heater control valve broke

I discovered a little coolant leak from my Ranger a couple days ago. Yesterday, I looked into it more and found it was near the heater control valve. I took stuff apart to get a closer look and in the process one of the nipples, the heater hose slips onto, totally broke off. It was on the...
  3. gw33gp

AC pump repeatedly kicking in and out in certain modes

Recently my AC pump started cycling on and off when the engine in at idle in AC modes. I know the AC activates in many modes to keep the windows from fogging up. Initially when it kicks on the rpm drops so much that the engine feels like it is going to die. It doesn't seem to do it when...
  4. gw33gp

Bad PCV valve symptoms

For several weeks I have been having idle issues. Sometimes it would be normal and other times it would be high ranging from around 1600 to 1000 rpm. The high ide got more frequent as time went on. Sometimes when after decelerating it would kind of hesitate when I stepped on the accelerator...
  5. gw33gp

Discount Bilstein shocks?

I thought I already posted this but apparently not since I can't find it. My front Bilstein shocks with 180K miles on them are beginning to show signs of reduced performance. I don't mind paying the price of Bilstein shocks, but I don't like buying them and find out later I could have gotten...
  6. gw33gp

2024 Supercab?

There are some clues that the Supercab may still be available in 2024. In fact, the Tremor may even be available in the Supercab. I hope this isn't just rumors and is based on at least near facts.
  7. gw33gp

Code P1270

I know what P1270 means and I know how I got it. What I don't know is if it will clear itself in time. I know I could clear it but that would leave it with a P1000 code which is difficult to clear. I just went through having to clear a P1000 code after to installing a DPFE sensor. It seems...
  8. gw33gp

Haggling on new Rangers

It appears most purchases on new Ranger are done by ordering them. Does this mean haggling is not part of the purchase of a new vehicle these days? Or are there still dealers that will negotiate price on a Ranger order?
  9. gw33gp

Throwing a code

I am getting a code of P1401. The last time I got that I installed a new Motorcraft DPFE sensor and the code did not come back. So, I did I did the same thing again this time and the code came back. Any suggestions for what else I should check out to get rid of this code? When I am on one...
  10. gw33gp

Front wheel excluder seal

I discovered my right front wheel bearing was going bad. Since I have 4WD, I had to replace the hub. I was surprised how straight forward and easy it was. When I had the hub out, I noticed what looked like plastic that fit up against the outboard CV joint. It fits between the hub and...
  11. gw33gp

Front drive shaft bolts

I could not find a section specifically for drive shafts and this looked to be as close as I could get. One of my front drive shaft bolts for the end that connects to the differential got damaged, and with that little Torx drive it is difficult to torque to spec without the Torx bit slipping...
  12. gw33gp

Latest issue with M5ODR1-HD transmission

I have posted before about an issue I have with transmissions popping out of 5th gear. I just installed a Zumbrota re-manufactured transmission that was a replacement under warranty. I seems they used the wrong gearbox housing. It is missing the right side (passenger side) upper bolt hole...
  13. gw33gp

I need a M50DR1-HD Transmission expert.

I have posed before about my problem and thought I had gotten it resolved, but apparently not. It all stared with having my original transmission looked at because it had nearly 250K miles on it. It was working very well, but did have a very light rattle in 1st gear when cruising slowly with...
  14. gw33gp

Bewildered about slave cylinder

Since I did a clutch replacement about 1-1/2 years ago, I have to bleed the slave about every two weeks. I used a LUK clutch (self adjusting) like I always use, but decided to use a Sachs slave because it has the rubber boot on it and the LUK does not. On Rock Auto the Sachs slave description...
  15. gw33gp

Factory frame coating?

While doing some work on my frame I realized the right main frame rail on my Ranger has a thin soft tar like coating on it and the left rail does not. I have owned the Ranger since new and don't recall adding any coating to that rail. if I did, I would certainly have done it to both sides...
  16. gw33gp

Spring bracket bolt torque?

My leaf spring bracket finally arrived. I ordered the part from Ford and it came with (grade 10.9) 12mmx x 1.25 (fine thread) bolts and nuts. Unfortunately, there was no torque instructions. I have looked online and have found a fairly wide range of torque values (75 - 100 ft-lbs). Those...
  17. gw33gp

New Tremor Ranger

I was recently on an trip through Anza Borrego Desert with 4 or 5 2019+ Rangers. This gave me an opportunity to personally see how well they perform off-road. I am interested in eventually having one. We had quite a Range of different models from bare bones to top of the line or at least...
  18. gw33gp

Leaf spring bracket

I need to replace a leaf spring bracket for the front of my right side leaf spring. It is riveted to the frame with large rivets. It looks like grinding the head off of the rivets is the best way to remove the bracket. I considered drilling them out, but there is a risk of damaging the frame...
  19. gw33gp

Rear driveshaft slip joint

Recently, I have been noticing a kind of hum or weird vibration at speeds above 55 mph or so. I checked out the drive train and the only thing I found was a slight looseness in the rear driveshaft slip joint. It is not loose in up and down movement but there is a rotational looseness. It is...
  20. gw33gp

Coolant temperature gauge mystery

Last weekend I did some work on my Ranger that I had been wanting to do. One thing was installing an aluminum thermostat housing. I had a couple typical issues with this install. One was the holes for the sensor and sending units were larger than stock and I had to find larger O-rings. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad