• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. cbxer55

It's dead Jim!

Drove my 98 last on Saturday, all was fine. Started and stopped it three times no problemo. Yesterday, went to take it to work, CLICK! Hmmm. Battery? Checked it and found it a tad low. Four and a half years old and not a top-of-the-line battery. Bought a new one, charged it over night on a...
  2. cbxer55

This guy found himself a nice ride.

1977 Datsun 620
  3. cbxer55

Cragar Mag Master from 1974

As many here know, I purchased a set of ancient Cragar Mag Master rims from another member here. They appear to have been manufactured in 1974, as there is some number stamped on the back, most of which is goblety-gook, but the last two digits are 74. They were only made form 74 to 78. Another...
  4. cbxer55

Ranger is finally running great again.

For quite some time it was running like poo. I was "this" close to having it towed to a Pick-A-Part. Took forever to get it started. Exhaust smelled like it was burning butane (that really had me baffled). Decided to give it one last look, under the bed. EVAP hoses all totally rotted out...
  5. cbxer55

61 years young!

Bought a third bike on Wednesday. 2021 Honda CBR600RR. Some form of aftermarket exhaust, very short carbon fiber can. LOUD. Intake and tuned. 1850 miles. Very BAD-ASS bike. Maybe more bad-ass than my B-King. Friend was going to buy it. Told him, if he didn't, I would. He didn't. LOL!! I'll post...
  6. cbxer55

Odds Bodkins!!

So, back on May 4, coming home from work one fine rainy evening, raining so hard it was like driving in a lake, trucked stalled out on me a mile from home. Parked it, went back the next day, wouldn't start. I scanned for codes and had four usual codes, P0133, 0171, 0174, and 0401 (I know what...
  7. cbxer55

Intermittent misfire.

Posting this here as well as the Mustang forum I frequent. Seems like a lot of very knowledgeable people on this forum. More so than the Stang forum. 2007 Mustang. 4.0 V-6. I don't get it. How can a misfire be intermittent. Most of the time, I start it and it runs great. Every once in a while...
  8. cbxer55

Who is this guy?

This is a thread posted at LightningRodder.com. It's a Ranger set up to drag race. It's been picked apart terribly by the Lightning owners over there. LOL!! https://www.lightningrodder.com/threads/the-shit-you-see-at-local-meets.398780/#post-5458664
  9. cbxer55

Brake light switch?

Is there a specific brake light switch for vehicles with ABS? Reason I ask, I recently changed the switch when I backed up to my normal fence and didn't see brake lights reflecting. After changing the switch, first time I drove it, the ABS light came on. Never been on in 20 years owning the...
  10. cbxer55

Changed spark plugs today, valve tick gone.

January 2017, truck was in the local Ford place getting a new ECM flashed. Had them change the plugs, trans filter and fluid while there. Started ticking not long after I got it back. Figured it was just a valve adjustment thing, and the truck wasn't worth the effort to fix it. Three years...
  11. cbxer55

2007 Mustang. New project vehicle of mine.

Picked up this Mustang in November 2019. It's a 4.0 V-6 Stang. Bought it because the appearance caught my eye. Love the dark blue with flat black stripes and parts. Not concerned about it being a V-6, I am more cruiser than racer anyways. As long as it gets around my favorite stretch of curvy...
  12. cbxer55

Weird charging anomaly?

Been noting an odd occurrence on my 98 Ranger. When just putting around, the volt gauge appears normal. When getting into the throttle, at a certain rpm, the volt gauge suddenly drops and, if at night, the lights dim. Last time I was on the highway with it, at around 85 mph, the same occurs...
  13. cbxer55

Wonderin about something!

Was in a large empty parking lot today, and did some burnouts for the heck of it. Every time, left two long black tracks on the dry ground. Truck has a 3.73 standard 7.5 axle. Always thought standard axles didn't leave two tracks. Thought one tire spun, while the other hooked. 1998 3.0 auto...
  14. cbxer55

Odd happenings!

Thought I had it all fixed. Now for some odd reason, the dang thing will just up and die while driving down the road. It's happened twice in the last few days. Driving down the road, and all of a sudden, the engine stalls and all the gauge lights come on. Coast to the side of the road, wait a...
  15. cbxer55

Front sway bar end links

For the last year, my Ranger has made a lot of racket on up-and-down movement. Thought it was the ball joints, but my tires are not wearing strange. Inspected everything, and found the front end link bolts protruding out the top of the sway bar almost two inches. There were some missing bushings...
  16. cbxer55

Any Lightning owners here?

Mine is a 2004 Oxford White bought from the original owner in 2009. Many mods done, including swapping the original serpentine belt for a cog drive with larger lower pulley to up boost. Entire intake from the plenum on top of the blower to the filter. Catback Borla stainless steel exhaust...
  17. cbxer55

Here we go again!

Hey folks, Haven't been here for a few years, since I have a 2004 Lightning as well. Still have my 98 3.0 V-6 Ranger. Been running pretty dang good lately, put a new fuel pump and filter in her in early December, computer has been clean ever since, no codes and all monitors in the ready...
  18. cbxer55

Do 3.0 Rangers have dirty injector problems?

For some time now I have been fighting an extremely irratating intermittent starting problem. Sometimes it fires right up, others I can crank and crank until the battery is dead with no firing. Later on it fires right up. I have replaced all the sensors, plugs, wires, coil pack to no avail. Out...
  19. cbxer55

Intermittent crank, but no start.

I have a 98 2wd Ranger automatic with 3.0 V6. It has aftermarket air intake, exhaust and JET chip on computer. Help! For awhile now, about a year, my truck has this annoying problem. Most days it will start right up and run beautifully. For instance I was out driving this morning and it ran...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad