• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. sluhbmet

Power Windows Are Weak

I've owned my 95 Ranger since it was a couple of years old and had 40,000 miles on the clock. From the date I got it the power windows on both sides have been slow to go up. They go down just fine, but creep up slowly. It never really bothered me since the heat and a/c have always worked...
  2. sluhbmet

What Is This???? (Picture Included)

I recently replaced a defective door latch assembly in my 95 Ranger and noticed it had two twist-lock switches on it. In the attached picture (below) I'm pretty sure that the switch circled in "Red" is for the door ajar light/chime, but what is the switch circled in "green" used for. Thanks...
  3. sluhbmet

1995 Ranger: Theft and Dome Lights On When Truck is Locked

Not sure, but I think my 95 Ranger XLT with factory anti-theft system might have a problem. The theft light on the dash comes on and stays on "solid" when I exit the truck and lock the doors using the factory remote. I have never paid attention to know if this is normal for the theft light or...
  4. sluhbmet

Door Panel Help!!!

My 95 Ranger door panels have horrible looking "heat warped" pads (the part where you rest your arm) on them. It looks like they have come unglued at the bottom or something, but stiff enough to cause problems glueing back in place. Is this common on Rangers of that era and can they be...
  5. sluhbmet

Help!!! Fuel Pressure Info. Needed

About a month ago my Ranger crapped out on me about 4 hours from home. The symptoms were a total loss of power and it would sometimes idle for a few seconds but die when I tried to accelerate. I suspected the fuel pump had gone bad since the truck had 205,000 miles on it and it had never been...
  6. sluhbmet

Transmission Wiring Question.

I dropped the tranny in the Ranger this weekend to do the "dreaded" slave cylinder replacement. Suprisingly, the whole process went pretty smooth. I did run into one problem though. The wiring harness that runs along the top of the my transmission connects to a large harness plug...
  7. sluhbmet

Transfer Case Leak And Repair

So I crawled under the ranger today to PB Blast some rusty exhaust bolts in preparation for removing the transmission to replace a bad slave cylinder this weekend. I wasn't under there very long before I saw, what I believe to be the rear transfer case output seal leaking. I have no idea how...
  8. sluhbmet

Transfer Case Skid Plate Repair

Does anyone know where to get replacement speed nuts for the transfer case protective shield (skid plate). I broke a couple of mine taking the skid plate off and am having a hard time finding a match. Napa and O'Riley's replacements are not long enough. The factory speed nuts are...
  9. sluhbmet

High idle problem-Help!!!

About a month ago I decided to perform a much needed tune-up on my stock 95 4.0 Ranger ext. cab 4X4 5-speed, because the idle seemed to fluctuate a little (between 500-750 rpm). I started with new Autolite spark plugs. I inspected the plug wires, and all connections appeared clean and shiny...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad