• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. High idle excess fuel consumption

Hi everyone I have had quite a few rangers and I can always count on the help I get here to keep them all running great. So my new to me ranger is a 2011 2.3 automatic. It seems like it is getting horrible yet mileage and it always smells like it’s running rich. I average 19 on 95% highway at...
  2. anyone replace rear frame piece

i know my 00 ranger has a 2 part frame and i was wondering if anyone ever replaced the rear piece how hard it would be
  3. rear frame section replacement

i know the rear frame is a 2 piece in my year and the back section where the shackles are and to my rear bumper is totally rusted away my shackle is up against my lower bed rite now. was wondering i anyone has done this and knows how hard it is to remove and install the new rear frame section
  4. what years 3.0 will work and how

hey everyone figured out my motor is toast the knocking sound is def coming from the bottom end. so now i guess im in need of a motor. i called around and junkyards want $1100 for excact motor i have 00 ranger 3.0 flex. i know other year motors and stuff will work but how extensive would it be...
  5. anyone know where i can research

hey everyone thanks for all the help with everything so far. i was wondering if anyone knows anywhere i could research more about 4wd systems in general so i could undersand the lingo and how everything works. also more research leads to more things wanting to be done and making my ranger that...
  6. is something wrong with delay

so far i noticed when i hit the gas from a stop there is a hesitation and kind of a jerk forward when starting like its delayed does this sound like more headaches to anyone never had a 4wd ranger so idk what to expect. also it has 35's on it is that to big for the stock drivetrain to push...
  7. intermittent motor knock

i have a 00 3.0 4wd with 97xxx i just bought it. told there was a bad head gasket but still trying to figure that out my question is what would cause a random motor knock. a couple times when i started it. has happened both cold and warm i heard something like a motor knock. and same thing when...
  8. side step interchange?

at the local you pull it yard and found a set of side steps off an 02 ranger 4dr supercab. was wondering if anyone makes a different bracket for them to bolt up to my 00 ranger ext cab 2dr. anyone know of any? or should i just spend money and order my own set. they would be like 50 at junkyard...
  9. could i still have a blown head gasket

hey everyone i recently bought a 00 ranger with a 3.0 in it guy said had blown head gasket so i drove it home it didnt overheat or anything today i got the block test thats supposed to test for blown head gaskets and i took the cap off made sure the coolant was low and after it started to warm...
  10. broken frame weld

hey everyone just bought a 00 4wd auto ranger with 2 tow hooks on the front. looks like someone snatched the hell out of the one hook and broke where its welded ti the frame any ideas what i could do about it thanks
  11. how to tell what year motor i have

went to go buy a head gasket kit and it asked if my motor was built pre july 1999 or post july 1999 my truck is a 2000 3.0l auto 4wd any way to tell which motor it would be. i would suspect the post july 1999 since its a 2000 but wanted to be certain. what head gasket i should get
  12. good deal easy fix or bad idea

hey everyone i just got what i thought was one hell of a deal on another ranger. its a 2000 xlt 3.0 4x4 auto all power extended cab with 97,xxx miles a 3" body lift and 35 tires 2 are new paid $1300 now the bad lol. was told it has a blown head gasket i drove it home about 20 miles with no...
  13. cant remove pilot bearring

i have done a couple of clutches in different rangers and never have i not been able to remove a pilot bearring. i used the grease and socket method, i rented a slide hammer with a pick from advance. another one that expands inside from autozone. now the bearring is totally broke and the lip on...
  14. HELP think transmission is blown

i have a 98 ranger 4cyl 2wd manual trans. today on highway at 70 it acted like it popped out of gear and i could hear motor revving like crazy i let off gas and it felt like it cought and jerked a little and stuff i pulled off the side of the road as smoke was comming out of center where shifter...
  15. Is the clutch line supposed to drain fluid when disconnected from slave

had a problem with my clutch a little was told to pull the clutch line off the slave and check pedal for firmness. when i disconnected it fluid blew out everywhere and i dont remember that before. when i pressed the clutch it had no pressure. any ideas whats broke here? thanks in advance
  16. clutch went out then started working again

hey everyone thanks for help in advance i have a 98 ranger 2.5 with a 5 speed today the clutch went out acted like slave cylinder was bad if i tried to start it it would move forward a little then stall. after trying to rev it up and drop it in gear it went in and the clutch started working fine...
  17. please help

alright does anyone know how to remove the bracket holding the ac compressor and power steering i need to remove it to replace the air temp sensor bracket cause the end that went into the lower radiator hose broke any help would be much appreciated about to set this truck on fire lol
  18. coolant leak on intake plenum

hey i have a pinhole in the hose that goes into the intake not the rubber hose but the aluminum part that comes out there is two of them and one has a pinhole that shoots water all over do i have to replace the whole intake plenum or is there a way just to replace the two inlets thanks in...
  19. clutch randomnly started working

alright so you might have seen my other post where my clutch went out randomnly and wouldnt disengage but i went to buy all the stuff to replace got home and decided to just try the truck for kicks and giggles and it started working the clutch seemed a little weird but it disengaged fine and...
  20. clutch wont disengage

the other day i got into a fender bender, this girl rear ended me. the next day my clutch wouldnt disengage.my trucks a 00 3.0l 5 speed,so i looked underneath the truck through the cover on the bottom of the trans and seen movement in the clutch but when i try to shift it wont go into gear and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad