• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Cranks, NO Start, Somtimes

1994 4.0 cranks but will not start. I pulled the #1 plug wire to see if I had spark, and it started. This has happened 3 times. If I let the spark arc to the block the engine starts, and i'm good to go. It's very intermittent. It runs great once it is started. :icon_surprised: Does any one have...
  2. temp gauge fluctuating

I have a 94 ranger 4.0 with a fluctuating coolant gauge. the thermostat was just replaced along with a head gasket repair. The needle will rise from the N on normal to just above the L then drop back to the N. this happens continuously in 5 to 10 second incrinents. once the engine is warm.
  3. to composite or not to composite ?

I have a 1994 ranger 4x4 and have brake pulling problems, and have found sticking caliper pistons, which are composite. I have been told metal piston calipers are better . Is this true, and why? :icon_confused:
  4. 94 ranger

My 94 ranger started loosing ignition at 2000 rpm, it acts like it has a rev limiter. at 1500 rpm it runs ok. anything over that it cuts out and revs back up and down, , it does this in neutral or drive. I limped it home at 1500rpm. any one have any ideas ? :icon_bounceblue:
  5. 1994 ranger 4.0 4X4

Will a 1991 explorer 4.0 4X4 automatic trans interchange with my 1994 ranger trans.:icon_confused:
  6. 1994 Ranger A4LD no 2nd gear

I have a 4.0 ranger 4X4 , and I have lost 2nd gear. I can get it into drive by running up to 3000 rpm and letting off the throttle, the modulator and fluid are ok. i'm fairly certain that its an internal problem. I do have a 1991 explorer 4.0 with a blown motor, that has a good transmission...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad