• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bodkin1

2700 mile '00 Ranger Trailhead on BaT

Noticed this rather mint time capsule up for auction on Bring A Trailer. Currently going for $15k with 5 days to go. http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-ford-ranger-11/
  2. bodkin1

4WD won't work

Replaced the 4x4 control module, dash switch, and transfer case motor, none helped at all. Could it be the 4x4 module I bought was junk? It was a JY one I found off Ebay. So was the switch. Transfer case motor is brand new though. Checked all fuses, they are good. I do get the lights on the...
  3. bodkin1

Bad power window motor?

My passenger side window started having some fits a few months back, took apart the trim that holds the window switch in place, wiggled the switch/wires around and it worked again. Now it has stopped working again. I did the same technique I did before to get it working, and now it won't work...
  4. bodkin1

1989 F-250 2wd

What is the best MPG this truck can get? It has a 460 and 5 speed manual o/d.
  5. bodkin1

"Chia" Ranger

Found on Facebook:
  6. bodkin1

Dad's "new" '97

Brought it home this morning. He bought it from a guy off of CL about 60 miles away, paid $2850 for it. Has the 3.0 and AT. 160k miles Camper shell will come off shortly, as he wants to put his toolbox in. It's not for sale as I will be putting it on my truck.
  7. bodkin1

Couple of 1993 Rangers in "Beethoven's 2nd"

Childhood favorite. The movie that first introduced me to Rangers, over 15 years ago. About 16 minutes into the movie not one, but two 93s make appearances, each within seconds. First, a black 4x4 X cab can be seen in the background: Then not even 10 seconds later another '93 can be seen, a...
  8. bodkin1

1967 Ford F-250

The local stealership had this for sale... must have been a trade-in. $3995 is a little steep IMHO for a 45 year old truck. But being a dealership no surprise. Wonder if that's 84,000 original miles or 184k miles? Looks like it wasn't driven that much, so i'd lean more towards 84k. Got a peek...
  9. bodkin1

Ranger Box van

I see this one around town from time to time. It is a 95-97, I would guess it has one of the V6's. I don't know if it exactly qualifies as a "rare RBV" but had no clue what forum to put it in. Quite unique...
  10. bodkin1

P0401 code

Had the Check Engine light come on yesterday, so I hooked up my code reader and got a P0401 code. Figured it was the DPFE sensor like last time. So went to Oreilly's to get one, as I did the last time I replaced it. They didn't have them in stock, so went to Advance next... same thing. Finally...
  11. bodkin1

New radio

Pioneer DEH-44HD I put in yesterday. Old: New: Still trying to get the hang of it, especially trying to get the HD channels. It has about 50 different colors I can change it into...
  12. bodkin1

1st gen Ranger with sleeper

Spotted up in Topeka, Indiana a few years back... also notice the extended frame and dual rear wheels. Definitely a custom built job.
  13. bodkin1

XL trim tire sizing difference

Why did the '93-'99 XL models have 195/70-14 tires as opposed to regular 225/70-14 tires? I understand using the steelies, but why the very tiny tires? I presume to save costs? As it seemed most of the XL's were used in fleet service, judging from the vinyl floors and bench seat from hell...
  14. bodkin1

Some recent pictures of my '02...

Since the last pix I posted I have since repainted the very faded grille. Finally, I don't think I have ever posted any cockpit/engine pix. Here goes... My other thread of pix when I first got the truck is here http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83387&page=2
  15. bodkin1

Changing spark plugs on a 4.0 SOHC

Is there any good way to change the spark plugs on a 4.0 SOHC? Looking at the engine from the top it would be next to impossible, and dread the eventual time they will need to be replaced... hell and I thought the ones on my '93 2.3 were a PITA to change. So just short of sending it to a shop...
  16. bodkin1

ABS idiot light in the dash just started coming on

I was driving home after doing some running around out of town today, and all of a sudden the ABS light came on. Hit the brakes gradually and the brakes were still functioning as normal, pedal didn't go flat to the floor. Pulled into a roadside park to look the truck over. Checked the master...
  17. bodkin1

Reunited with an old friend

Was driving in town earlier and saw my old '93, still being driven by the guy I sold it to for $600. She was still purring like a kitten as it did when I last drove her (from the sound of her as she was taking off). As a bonus, saw this '95-'97 parked in a nearby lot while on the way to the...
  18. bodkin1

Grille removal on 01-03

How do you remove the center grille piece on an '02? It is really faded on mine and I was wanting to either paint it white with the truck, black or stock gray. I only got as far as removing the 4 screws on the top of the grille and it still wouldn't come off. Is it a unit with the body trim...
  19. bodkin1

Dome light stuck on stupid

On my work truck, a 98 Ranger X cab with the 4 doors, this morning after a short drive, after I shut it off the interior light stayed on. Came back out 10 minutes later and the light was still on. Had to run an errand, and the light stayed on for about 30 seconds, and turned off. However the...
  20. bodkin1

98 Ranger squeak noise in front when going over bumps

My present work truck, a 1998 Ranger Xcab with the coil spring front suspension makes a very annoying squeak noise every time I steer or drive over a bump. I have zeroed in on either the shocks or springs. I am leaning towards the springs, supposedly there is a rubber bushing on them that often...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad