• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1994 ford ranger regearing

When driving on the high way i have no top end i can hardly hit 70 and its at around 3000-3500 rpm. What gearing would be good to hit 70 around 2500 if that is even possible. The trucks a 1994 with the 2.3 5spd tire size is 205/75/r14. Thanks, Mike
  2. 1994 Ford Ranger very bad idle problem

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger 2.3l 5spd it started idling very badly a couple of weeks ago but for 6 or more months it has been squeaking very obnoxiously but only when it is cold out. I have heard that it could be the crank sensor causing the squeaking and newly starting rough idle. Anybody else...
  3. 1994 ford ranger wanting to stall out when idle

1994 ford ranger 2wd, 2.3l 4 cylinder. Sometimes it will run fine then sometimes it wants to stall when i first start it but 50/50 of the times it will only do it when the truck is warm. I know its not the battery i had it tested and i know its not the alternator because i had it tested as well...
  4. 1994 Ford Ranger no brakes and stalling out

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger 2.3l Rwd extended cab a few weeks ago it was running fine when i noticed a puddle under the passenger side rear tire. I found that the bearing had broke and pushed out the seal in the axle. I finally had the money to fix it and i fixed that and replaced the brakes (only...
  5. 94 Ford ranger Roaring noise

1994 ford ranger 2.3l rwd. It started making a roaring noise when going 35+ getting loader the faster i go. Well when i replaced my transmission i figured oh it has to be something with that. Nope its still doing it. Any body have any clue what it could be? Thanks, Mike
  6. 94 Ford Ranger Clutch not grabbing. Please Help!

I just recently replaced my slave and master cylinder as well as my transmission. I didnt replace the clutch because its got less that 10k miles on it. Before i replaced everything clutch grabbed when i barely let it out just transmission wouldnt shift due to bad syncros. New transmission shifts...
  7. 1994 Ford Ranger Not wanting to shift.

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger. I4 5spd RWD and within the last week or so the tranny will shift fine when the engine is off and shift fine with in the first mile or two. But as soon as the tranny heats up and i come to a stop it will not go into any gear at all without a lot of force. It also wont...
  8. 1994 ford ranger 2.3l intake manifold

I have a 1994 ford ranger 2.3l 2wd and i was wondering if it were possible to put a 1997 ford ranger intake manifold onto it to give it a horsepower boost. Any other ideas on things to install to make a bit more horsepower or a bit snappier. Thanks, Mike
  9. 1994 Ford Ranger exhaust leak.

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger with a 2.3l and i have been hearing a ticking noise while accelerating and have came to find its an exhaust leak right where the exhaust manifold comes down and joins with the pipe attached to the cat...
  10. 1994 Ford Ranger with 1998 bed tail light problems

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger 2.3l supercab. I just recently picked up a bed with absolutely no rust from pull a part only problem is the 1994 tail lights wont fit onto the 1998 bed. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get them to fit by trimming metal. etc. Thanks, Mike...
  11. 1994 vs 1997

Does anyone know why a 1997 Ford Ranger is faster than a 1994 ford ranger both with a 2.3l i4 and a 5 spd manual trans? Thanks, Mike
  12. 1994 and 1997 transmission

I currently have a 1994 Ford Ranger with a 5spd manual 2.3l i4 engine and i was wondering if anyone knew if a 1997 Ford Ranger 5spd manual 2.3l i4 transmission would work with a 1994 engine? So basically will a 1997 manual trans work with a 1994 engine? Thanks, Mike
  13. 1994 Ford Ranger 2.3l Manual trannsmission making noise

I really don't have much experience with transmissions but when in neutral or in any of the gears i hear like a swwwshhhh swwwwsshhhh grinding noise. I have no clue what it is but it is very annoying. Anyone have an idea of what it is. Thanks, Mike
  14. Trannsmission

I used to have a 1990 Ford Ranger custom 2 tone paint. I ended up scrapping it and getting something a bit more reliable. So now i have a 1994 Ford Ranger. Both had a 2.3l. then i drove a 1997 and the not hitting 3500rpm at 75 was nice. Well anyways i was wondering what i needed to buy to get my...
  15. 1990 ford ranger turbo

I have a 1990 ford ranger xlt i4 2.3l and I was wondering if it is possible to turbo it or if I would need to get forged pistons? Or if it would be easier just to swap engines with an 86 ford thunderbird i4 turbo. And what I would need to get depending on which way is cheaper and/or easier...
  16. 1990 Ford Ranger 2.3l XLT

Whenever i am driving down the road and hit little bumps i hear a loud chattering noise in the frontend. i have wiggled many things and cant find the culprit. Does anyone else have this problem or have had this problem before. Thanks, Mike
  17. My 1990 Ford Ranger Paint

Just painted it 2 tone look. Bottom half stock paint. No need to paint it when it needs body work this summer. Tell me what you all think.
  18. 1990 Ford Ranger XLT idleing really low

I have taken off my Muffler and replaced it with a cherry bomb and now my idle is around 500 rpm and it will sometimes just shut off completely when idleing. What could be the problem? Thanks
  19. 1990 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3l i4

I was wondering if there were any minor / major performance upgrades i could do to a 1990 ford ranger xlt with a 2.3l i4. Without having to replace the engine. Thanks
  20. 1990 Ford Ranger 4Banger

I was wondering what are some minor/major performance upgrades i can do without replacing the motor. On my 1990 Ford Ranger. Its a 2.3L i4 rwd single cab thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad