• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. sledneck07

ripping ipod media to windows programs

ok so i have a vista and need to rip my music off my ipod to my computer, anyone have any suggestions for a good program, my buddy told me to try senuti but hes a mac guy and it almost seems to be a mac only program, so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
  2. sledneck07

05 grand prix tires

so the g/f's g/p needs tires now and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good tire thats between $350-$450. snow traction is not all too important seeing its such a nice car and we want to keep it outta the snow and salt but rain and dry traction are important. i keep gettin mixed...
  3. sledneck07

where do you guys get your tires online?

justs as the title says where do you guys get your tires online? i know of summit and tire rack but i dont know of anyone i can trust with my money so if you guys can point me in the right direction it would be great. thanks
  4. sledneck07

ecm code

well to start off my 91 4.0l with auto blew a head gasket. had a 94 4.0 and manual in the shop. so i swapped both engine and tranny so now i have a 94 engine with all 91 sensors, ignition and and fuel system and a manal tranny with the 91 auto ecm. it misses and backfires when it has a load on...
  5. sledneck07

converting a 4.0 to carb

so i hate this efi crap with a passion but deal with it. i know you can get a carb intake for the 4.0s but what happens with ignition? does it still use the coil pack (i find that hard to belive if so) or seeing (from my understanding) that a 4.0 is a bored and stroked 2.9l will a 2.9l...
  6. sledneck07

anyone run the hankook dynapro atm's?

ive been looking at a set of hankook dynapro atms for the old ladys ranger cauz the crappy steel king ats blew 2 sidewall belts. anybody run them and how are they? i can get a dumb deal on they also so if i hear good things i think im gonna get them thanks
  7. sledneck07

back window question

hey guys i got a 93 ranger for parts and it has a rear slider, and my 91 doesnt. will the slider from the 93 fit the 91? sorry if this was posted earlier but i dont have much time to look for previous posts. thanks
  8. sledneck07

quick question

im thinking of getting a parts truck and thinking about swapping trannys and gears. whats better a higher crawl ratio say 30 or a lower crawl ratio say 22?:icon_confused: any input it great thanks!
  9. sledneck07

Semi in depth gauge info

Disclaimer This is what my 1991 4.0l runs at your engine my be different depanding upon driving habbits, mileage and verious other factors. Also this info is accurte for all gas 1990 to 1995 RBV to the best of my knowledge. EXPLAINATION I've noticed alot of posts about what the engine temp and...
  10. sledneck07

north woods overland aka pipe line

hey guys i was wondern if any body has been to north woods. i want to get a few friends together and mabey make a trip up. im wondering upon my capiabilities of my ranger as it also is a dd so cant be too hard on it. i got 150 coils up front and f150 leafs with 2 in blocks and a shackle flop...
  11. sledneck07

valve covers needed

i need some new valve covers for my 91 4.0 and cant find any online. i saw a post on here a while back but cant find it. im getting sick of smelling burning oil from the rusty ones i got thats letting oil trickle onto the exhaust. will valve covers off of any ohv 4.0 work or a 2.9 valve cover work?
  12. sledneck07

leaf spring centering pins

any of you guys know how to get the spring centering pins out without breaking the leaf? i live in wisconsin so the get rusty and crusty and dont wanna come out last time i tried i ended up splitting my leaf in 2. i was thinkin of grinding the pin smooth then drilling it out. sound good or any...
  13. sledneck07

interco truxus m/t's

i snagged a pair of new pair of 33x12.5 truxus m/t's and rims for $500 just before x-mas. all i gotta say is i love em. worked great in the snow, i could push snow in 2 wheel with the bumper, had good traction on the lakes and ice. got to test them in the mud yesterday and they cleared out great...
  14. sledneck07

heavy right foot

so my right foot was feeling a lil spunky and heavy tonight. the thing that beats me is that i got a crap ton better milage than normal. is it just me or does this go aginst common sence? put the pedal down and milage goes down with it right? usally when i put her down she drinks gas like theres...
  15. sledneck07

stage 8 x-lock spindle nut kit question

any of you guys running the x-locks on your d-35? im not too fond of the jam nut system cauz no matter how tight i go they manage to loosen in a few hunderd miles and eat my berings:annoyed:. im just not to sure about dropping over $100 on something that a company says works i like to know it...
  16. sledneck07

1991 A4LD shift kit

im thinking about putting a a shift kit in my ranger. just wondering on how hard this is to do because this is my first auto trans. and dont have the money to wreck it. also is it worth it or is it just a go fast thing.
  17. sledneck07

have been pondering

has anybody had the heads on their 4.0 milled down .010? i got a buddy who races at the local track and said that was a good power adder. also would a stock bottom end hold up with the increased compression? also what about valve clearence?
  18. sledneck07

just wondering

i got a 91 ranger with a 4.0 in it and auto tranny and trans case. i got a bw1345m out of a 84 f250 and am thinking about putting that one in the ranger. i got a really tight budget so the least amount of money i gotta stick into it the better. im good at fabbing things up so if an adaptor is...
  19. sledneck07

4.0 heating and cooling troubles

first off my engine temp severly flucuates. ill get on the road and my temp will rise up to about 240 then drop off to 170. then it will go back up to anywhere between 210 and 230 and bounce around for a bit (rise and drop about 5 degrees). then drop back down to 190 and stay there as long as i...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad