• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. schanusa

Safari Pacific 2004 Ranger Build

Got myself a 2004 Ranger, 4x4 with 4.0L as my next project. Was a grandpa truck and in really good condition. Not gonna do anything crazy with this one, though I figured I'd post up as I make some changes. I'll just do some basic mods as this will be the truck I keep on my property. So will...
  2. schanusa

Global Ranger

Greetings from Laos! Came across a global Ranger and thought I'd share. Wish I could get one of these back in the USA.
  3. schanusa

Thrown Rod on the road. Stuck in Abilene TX

On a trip back east and my motor threw a rod out the side. currently in Abilene TX and hoping to find someone to lend a hand. Not sure of full extent of damage as i am stuck in a parking lot. Hoping to find a garage to park a dig into motor a bit. want to find out if i can replace piston or if i...
  4. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

Yep. The design I drew up is a mix of just about everything.
  5. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

The next project.... Back in February of 2010 I started fabricating a chassis for a new ground up vehicle build. The design was in development far before that and has been a work in progress since then. Although the build itself was put on the shelf for a while, the concept wasn't. Slight...
  6. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

The MX2 is FOR SALE I've decided its time for me to move on to other projects. This truck has served me well. So far the truck has been to the Arctic Circle, Key West, FL, Mexico City and the Sema Show to name a few places. More details about the at...
  7. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

Safari Pacific has a new joint shop with Desert Worx Motorsports in Temecula, CA. Our new shop will be the home of our expedition vehicle building & outfitting services. Some of the equipment here at the shop. Mill & lathe. Desert Worx Motorsports mostly does off-road race fabrication...
  8. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

When you live out of a truck for months you end up learning how to be organized. Borderline anal....haha
  9. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

I put together a site for the expedition guide (book) for those interested. http://www.safaripacific.com/expeditionguide/
  10. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

First aid/survival gear is yet another area I changed up a bit. This one was a little different though. I had a group contact me a while ago to assemble a first aid kit that would be compact, but contained necessary items. I contacted a few people I knew in the medical field for advice and found...
  11. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

On another note, I've been considering writing a technical book on the kind of travel I do. Stuff I would include would be; vehicle setups, fabrication, gear, equipment, supplies, extended travel (fuel longevity), backup skills for survival, field repair, cooking recipes, documentation for...
  12. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

The funny thing is that wasn't the color I was aiming for. But it turned out good and I like it. Also painted the small trailer I'm building the same color. Speaking of which I still need to get that trailer here to California so I can finish it.
  13. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

Yes it is. Its a 96 with the v8. Wish mine was the tdi. Your dad's Disco is pretty nice. I'd like to build mine up a bit and get some wolf wheels. I got mine mostly when the Ranger's motor took a dump. I needed wheels to get around and I found the Disco for $2000. I don't have any updated...
  14. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

They are "Workforce" brand bags. I got them from either Lowes, HomeDepot or Ace. I think it was Lowes, but can't remember exactly. Got them a while ago.
  15. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

Steal away, that's why I posted it up. Yeah, most of the time I'm the only one with tools and gear. I use to carry a lot more, but half of it never gets used. That's a good idea. I'll have to add one to my kit. The odd ball thing I carry is a couple of chisels. They come in handy and are small.
  16. schanusa

Off-Road Hard Sided Popup Trailer

Back in mid 2010 I was contacted by a customer to build him a custom hard sided popup camper to be mounted as a replacement for the bed of his truck. After designing the camper the customer realized he wanted more room, so I redid the design to a 14 foot tow-able trailer. I started the project...
  17. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

Thanks! Yeah, plans don't always go like they should. I try not to set any hard plans because of that anymore. I set out too what I'd like to do and whatever I can get done I'm happy with and accept the changes that I didn't expect. Really, I've always been a minimalist. I did go overboard in...
  18. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

Time to pack it all back in the truck. I've gone back to using the MDF box I originally built for the Ranger. It weighs in at 63 lbs, so it has some mass though not too terrible. I covered the box with tan carpet, close to the same color as the existing interior. This keeps everything hidden at...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad