• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Y Pipe not for sale anywhere - headers instead?

Shran - it's got to be a mistake. The tag says a 1995 Ranger, and it really looks like it'll fit up just fine. And that flange is perfect. I put the gasket on it and it's a perfect fit.
  2. Y Pipe not for sale anywhere - headers instead?

A followup. Here's my old flange: I'm really kind of shocked it stayed connected so long. So I'm under the truck working on the radius arm bushings anyway, and get this and the cat apart. I'm looking up at the bolts that connect the Y pipe to the manifold. Waiting for the radius arm nut to...
  3. Y Pipe not for sale anywhere - headers instead?

PJ - that's hilarious! Yes, it was from Deerfield. I got the pipe for $50, which didn't seem too bad to me, considering the alternatives. Shran, right, I agree that if I want to replace the cat too, I could just have them join up the pipes and make it a standard round pipe going into the...
  4. Y Pipe not for sale anywhere - headers instead?

Haven't checked with a shop myself, that's just what was in those other posts. I'd expect it to be cheaper and easier for them to do the whole exhaust. If they make a pipe to match the stock cat, they have to get the flange bolt pattern right, have that same oval and angle for the cat inlet...
  5. Y Pipe not for sale anywhere - headers instead?

Shran - I've read, in a bunch of other forum posts, that having a shop build one would run around $800. And then it's mild steel and will rot out in a couple of years. The shorty headers are in the $250-$400 price range, and it looks I could bolt it together myself. The $250 version is mild...
  6. Y Pipe not for sale anywhere - headers instead?

Yeah, that's here, but his repair flange is for older Rangers. I compared that with my gasket and it won't work. Bummer.
  7. Y Pipe not for sale anywhere - headers instead?

OK, so in another thread, people say the Pacesetters are junk. There are also JBA headers at Autozone and upgraded Pacesetters at Rock Auto. That flange is a an awful oval-on-the-inside triangle thing. These are the JBA headers: They're cheaper at CarID than at Autozone. Has anyone...
  8. Y Pipe not for sale anywhere - headers instead?

I have a 96 Ranger, and it's weird, but the Y pipe seems to not be for sale anywhere for that age of truck. It's the 4.0l V6. You can find Y pipes for late 80s and 90s up to about 92, and then for 98 and newer. But Rockauto, Oreilly, Walker itself, JCWhitney, and Google all say the the Y pipe...
  9. Trans/TCase gone haywire

This is my '96 Ranger, MT, 4x4, 4.0L. I'm driving down the expressway today and hear a weird noise - I thought it was something strange on the radio. Kind of a revving sound. Hmm. Turn off the radio. Oh, crap, yes, it's a revving - and it's my truck. For the next mile or so, it revs, then...
  10. Transfer Case Eats Speed Gears

This is my '96 Supercab 4wd MT. I got a used transmission from someone who rolled their Ranger :sad:. They were pretty much identical trucks, and the shop had no problem swapping in the replacement transmission (mine had the dead-5th-gear-syndrome). So I have the truck home for a few days...
  11. Dead Battery - Jump Start - White Smoke!

A demon has possessed my Ranger. At least that's my first guess. So my poor new-driver daughter took our 96 supercab to some school thing, and forgot to turn off the lights. Oops. She gives us a call when it won't start, and we come over and jump it. I connect hot on our Subaru to hot on...
  12. Serious Jerk In Drivetrain

... At least, I think it's the drivetrain. I just had a bunch of work done on my 96 Ranger XLT - 4x4 supercab 4L. Most important, I had a replacement used transmission put in. The manual transmission was from another 96 Ranger that seemed pretty much identical - 4x4, supercab, 4.0L engine...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad