• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Y Pipe not for sale anywhere - headers instead?

I have a 96 Ranger, and it's weird, but the Y pipe seems to not be for sale anywhere for that age of truck. It's the 4.0l V6. You can find Y pipes for late 80s and 90s up to about 92, and then for 98 and newer. But Rockauto, Oreilly, Walker itself, JCWhitney, and Google all say the the Y pipe...
  2. Trans/TCase gone haywire

This is my '96 Ranger, MT, 4x4, 4.0L. I'm driving down the expressway today and hear a weird noise - I thought it was something strange on the radio. Kind of a revving sound. Hmm. Turn off the radio. Oh, crap, yes, it's a revving - and it's my truck. For the next mile or so, it revs, then...
  3. Transfer Case Eats Speed Gears

This is my '96 Supercab 4wd MT. I got a used transmission from someone who rolled their Ranger :sad:. They were pretty much identical trucks, and the shop had no problem swapping in the replacement transmission (mine had the dead-5th-gear-syndrome). So I have the truck home for a few days...
  4. Dead Battery - Jump Start - White Smoke!

A demon has possessed my Ranger. At least that's my first guess. So my poor new-driver daughter took our 96 supercab to some school thing, and forgot to turn off the lights. Oops. She gives us a call when it won't start, and we come over and jump it. I connect hot on our Subaru to hot on...
  5. Serious Jerk In Drivetrain

... At least, I think it's the drivetrain. I just had a bunch of work done on my 96 Ranger XLT - 4x4 supercab 4L. Most important, I had a replacement used transmission put in. The manual transmission was from another 96 Ranger that seemed pretty much identical - 4x4, supercab, 4.0L engine...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad