• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Help me out guys....

I have a 97 Ranger 2wd, 5 speed, 251, 7xx miles. Driving today and was coming to a quick stop, hear/feel a "pop" and the brake pedal immediately goes to within an inch or two of the floor. I get stopped, pull over and check everything....no leaks, fluid is full, no pulling to the left or...
  2. conceal carry gun rant

I disagree. I'm not sure where you receive your LEO training, but I know you were not trained to shoot someone with the intent to maim, or kill. There are no CCW classes that train someone to shoot to maim, or to kill either. You use your firearm to stop the threat. That's it, and that's all...
  3. Need some quick advice

Would the factory in dash 6cd/radio from an 04 mazda tribute fit and work in my 1997 ranger? Thanks for any help guys, I am lost when it comes to electronics. :beer:
  4. Ranger 8.8 to a Bronco II

I have read, and re-read everything on here and maybe I'm missing it. The 7.5 with 3.73's in my BII is about shot. I found a ranger with the 8.8 and 456 gears at the junkyard. What all is involved? direct swap? I read about the explorer swap and understand the mods needed for that but am unclear...
  5. Air shocks work?

Will the air shocks from a 96 explorer work on my 89 BII? I'm in the middle of taking them off the Ex. but started questioning myself...so I thought I would ask! Thanks
  6. So if I unbolt this....would it fit on that?

I have an 89 BII and tomorrow I am going to pick up a 96 explorer, 2door, 4.0 automatic, 4x4, 3.73 limited slip rear. He says everything works (pw,pdl, etc) and it runs great. It was his daily driver until the transmission started slipping and he limped it to his house and parked it...
  7. What are the odds this will fit.....

Found this on craigslist http://louisville.craigslist.org/pts/2366643672.html I'm wondering if anyone has some insight on whether it would bolt up to the 89 BII I have, or if its going to be too much trouble to make it work. (If you dont want to click the link, its a reese hitch for an explorer)...
  8. Advice on fixing this, please.

I have an 89bII with the stock 7.5, ls, 3.73. I was under the truck today checking my u-joints and noticed the rear pinion has some movement to it when I move the driveshaft up and down. Its quiet on the road, no whine, leaks or noise at all from the rearend, is it possible I can get away...
  9. An amazing discovery....

Ok, so I have had this 89 BII for almost a year. First Ford I have ever owned, and the first RBV I have ever driven. Haven't driven it a lot, been in the garage mostly while I have been re-doing the interior and other things. Basically since its a second vehicle I have the luxury of screwing...
  10. Shock me.

I'm getting ready to buy some new shocks for the BII. Right now, everything suspension-wise is stock and will stay that way for the foreseeable future. I will be going with 33/10.50's with some (alot of) trimming soon though. I will be using the BII for some mild to heavy off roading, carrying...
  11. 2 piece rear hatch

I'm thinking about picking up a 2pc rear hatch for the BII. It has the lift glass and mine doesnt. Guy wants $40 for it, struts are good and there are no cracks or damage to it, I would just have to sand and paint. So is it worth the $40 or does that seem a little high?
  12. Cowl leak fixed....

On my 89 BII I had a leak where the cowl meets the body, pretty common issue with the RBV's I guess. I was too lazy to take off the fenders and drill out spot welds so I used a cut off wheel and cut out around the vents on the cowl. Leaf and debris buildup wasn't too bad, but there was a...
  13. BII seat belt swap

I swear I searched! The seatbelts in my 89 BII are original, old and dont match the new interior color. I looked at partstrain.com and found some nice new replacements, black only. Before I pull the trigger on them, I was wondering if it's possible that the front and rear seat belts from an...
  14. A little advice.....

I have searched and read a few pages worth of threads, but havent been able to find a solution to my power steering problem. First off, its a 89 BII and the power steering is nice and quiet. It has started leaking behind the power steering pulley where the pulley shaft enters the pump. I...
  15. 89 BII fuse panel diagram

Guys, I have searched but have had no luck in finding what I need. Does anyone have or know where to get a diagram for the under dash fuse panel? I have no cover on mine and no owners manual, and no idea what fuses are what under there. Thanks in advance.
  16. BII cargo cover

I was doing some interior work on the BII today, and now I have a question for you guys....Every BII has the little hooks on the interior panel, behind the rear seats. I assume these are for a "roller shade" type of cargo cover, basically unroll it and it attaches at the hooks, hides whatever...
  17. 3" lift springs

What else would I need to do besides install these? Longer shocks? Extend brake lines? Have a line on a set of new ones for 100$, maybe less not sure yet. It would be nice to just be able to put these in and go, but I'm sure theres more to it than that. Give me some input guys, I'm still...
  18. BII weatherstripping

I'm getting ready to order new weatherstripping for the doors and hatch on my 89 BII from LMC. Just curious if anyone else has used their weatherstripping and if its oem quality or should I keep looking? Thanks, Ron
  19. This 6" suspension lift.....or not

Guys, I found this used lift kit on craigslist http://louisville.craigslist.org/pts/1813086937.html Says its from an 87 4x4 ranger, will it work on an 89BII 4x4? Never installed a suspension lift before so some of you with experience give me an idea of whether this one looks like too much...
  20. Is this normal..or will I die?

Today I did the rear brakes in the BII, decided to check the fronts since I just got the thing a few weeks ago. Took off the passenger front tire, set it aside. Removed the locking hub/cover thing there and of course its packed with about 3 metric tons of grease. Nothing death defying just...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad