• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 09fx4guy

Trakmotive extended CV axles

Good Morning Everyone, I am going to be replacing my CV axles soon and had come across the Trakmotive extended CV's on Rockauto. https://www.trakmotive.com/products/automotive-cv-axles/xtended-travel/ Has anyone ever used them? I am only running a relatively stock suspension (pre key mod &...
  2. 09fx4guy

Bilstein Shock Question

Good Morning Everyone! Apologies in advanced for the long post. It's that time of year where it is just warm enough to start projects. I have to do some front end work and will be posting some questions as time goes by. The main one for today is regarding shocks. I have read up a bit on the...
  3. 09fx4guy

Upgrade from Factory Pioneer Stereo

Hello All, I have a 2009 FX4 with the Pioneer stereo option from the factory. It has served me very well over the years. The only change I made was upgrading the speakers to Pioneer G series a few years ago and since then I have always been happy with the system. I recently started thinking...
  4. 09fx4guy

Odd sized sway bar

Hello Everybody, I find myself today in another quandary. I am still working on my front end noise that I had posted about in an earlier thread, I have it isolated to either the sway bar end links or the inner tie rods. I have already ruled out the ball joints, checked them twice. My first spot...
  5. 09fx4guy

Front end clunk

Good Afternoon Everybody, First thing first, my truck is a 2009 FX4 with an automatic transmission. The front end is completely stock except for the pre key mod that I did a couple years ago, at which time I also upgraded to #1 torsion bars. The truck has just under 44000 miles and has no known...
  6. 09fx4guy

16 inch spare steel wheel

Hello, I have a quick question, first let me set the scene. I have a 2009 FX4 that came with the 16 inch aluminum y spoke wheels. The spare wheel is a 16x7 steel wheel with a 235/70R16 Continental Contitrac tire. It has a sticker on it that the tire / rim is for temporary use only. I also...
  7. 09fx4guy

15" Wheels on 2009 FX4

Good Afternoon! Hope everyone is well with all the craziness going on in the world right now. I've been looking into getting a new set of wheels and tires when my tires wear out or perhaps sooner. Not right now, but probably within the next year or so, since funds are a little tight for an...
  8. 09fx4guy

ABS Kicks in at low speed while braking

Good Morning everybody! So, here is where I am at. I have a 2009 Ranger (FX4). Truck has 38000 miles, in good shape. The ABS system recently started kicking in when braking and turning at low speeds, like say pulling into a parking spot at a store. It has continued and now will engage when...
  9. 09fx4guy

Mystery Noise 5r55e

Good Afternoon Everybody! My trans has been making an intermittent noise every so often. Background- 2009 FX4 Auto, only 37000 on the clock. The truck has been mine since new. Never had any problems. It sometimes made a very slight squeal when I put it into reverse, I could usually only...
  10. 09fx4guy

Pickup bed rust

Hello All, I have been noticing that there has been more rust popping up on my truck over the last few years. I live in NJ which uses roadsalt and brine from December to March even when there is no snow lol. I have tried to do some cleaning and painting with the pickup bed on but it doesn't...
  11. 09fx4guy

Front D35 Bearings

Hello All, I just started doing the install of a torsen diff on the front of my 2009 Ranger. I make it a habit to always try to have any and all parts before I start a project. Most everything seems in order except one little snag. When ordering parts on Rockauto it listed the following...
  12. 09fx4guy

Belltech 6400 Shackle

Hello Everyone, I have been getting ready to do some work on my truck now that the warmer weather is coming. Doing the pre key mod on the front, extended shocks if needed, and planning on a small lift in the rear. I had originally thought of getting a set of 2.5 inch factory blocks, but then...
  13. 09fx4guy

Torsion key Lift 08-up

Good Afternoon, I own a 2009 fx4 Ranger that is currently bone stock as far as suspension, it came from the factory with b rated torsion bars. Since ive owned the truck ive always wanted to lift/level the front of the truck to get rid of the factory rake. My ultimate goal is just to be somewhat...
  14. 09fx4guy

Hey Everybody

Hey everybody, I have been a member here for awhile, but never got around to saying hello. Hope all is well with everybody.
  15. 09fx4guy

Aux. switches

Ok, i am new to the forum, so bear with me. I got a 09 FX4 Ranger about a year ago, and i am thinking about adding some off road lights and other stuff that requires aux. switches. Any ideas on where i can put them in the truck, or, if i would be able to get an upfitter switch kit for a super...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad