• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Epixstar

Ford escape

Im looking into getting a ford escape soon.(still keep the ranger) I dont know much about them. Does any one know the most reliable motor trans setup and any weak points i should avoid.
  2. Epixstar

oem vr. aftermarket

oem or aftermarket. Lately i have been having lots of problem with aftermarket parts so ive been try ing just to buy motorcraft. Is there any aftermarket brands that are decent anymore? How much aftermarket repair parts do you buy for your trucks? I try to get motorcraft ifi can afford it hell...
  3. Epixstar

3.0 miss

my 1993 3.0 has been running rough and missing struggles to get up to speed and boggs down. New cap rotor, plugs ,wire,new msd streetfire coil all this week. the cats were glowing red hot when i was driving it could that just be it running way to rich or could they be clogged? i did throw some...
  4. Epixstar

tune up fun

i just got a 1993 3.0 ranger and wanted to do a basic tune up so i changed the oil spark plugs wires cap and rotor. It ran decent before but now it runs like pure shit missing and dying when under a load. So i checked all the plug wires and the firing order all correct. Thinking it was the cap i...
  5. Epixstar

3.0 oilpan

just got a 1993 ranger with the 3.0 and in 2wd and the oil pan is leaking and rotted out in one spot. Can you get the pan out without pulling or lifting the motor? Or should i just do the jb weld patch job?
  6. Epixstar

My new tool box

got this for doing a tune up on a carThe owner used to work at ford and used it while working there.
  7. Epixstar

Carrier bearing

I have a 89 ranger super cab was told it was lowered before but never was too sure about it. When i was replacing my brakes lines i noticed my truck had a Carrier bearing kit installed was it like that from ford? i do have the two peice driveshaft.
  8. Epixstar

missing fluid

i keep having to put brake fluid in my truck and everytime i look it look it looks low. I can not find any leaks and my brakes works great nice petal and all. The only thing i did notice was that my brake booster was missing the paint under it. Could it just be a slow leak in the master...
  9. Epixstar

monroe sensa trac or edlebrock ias

Monroe sensa trac or edlebrock ias. which one should i get for my 89 2 wheel drive. Im just looking for ride quality and thats it i barley haul anything to heavy or tow anything and i can get them both at around the same price.
  10. Epixstar

302 or 351

im trying to decide what king of small block to build for my 89 ranger should i go with the 302 or 351. Im thinking i will go with just a carb setup unless the fuel injection just that much better? There is a 351 for sale out of a 75 ford van for sale cheap i could just rebuild it whould it be...
  11. Epixstar

emission testing

I hear alot of yall talk of having to pass emission test. In michigan ive never had to do one. Do most states have them? they really sound like a pain in the ass.
  12. Epixstar

The walmart

what do yall think of the walmart. Ive worked there now on midnights for just over three years because there is no work at all in the detroit area at all. Ive been yelled at numerous times bye the local union guys for working there yet the union grocery store across town pays two dollars less a...
  13. Epixstar

what are these

are these djm dream beams. the guy claims there belltech but i think there djm he want 200 for the set what do you all think.
  14. Epixstar

Good deal or not

im thinking about buying these ibeams and other parts from this guy does it sound like a good deal. http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/pts/1580179958.html
  15. Epixstar

Stock rpm Gauge

Im thinking my stock rpm gauge is wrong it kinda seems to kinda stick and when my truck shifts it only gos down a few hundred rpms. Can you fix them or should i just get a aftermarket one? If you have a aftermarket one is the stock one accurate at all.
  16. Epixstar

gas filler neck

whould a filler neck for a 90 ranger fit on my 89. Mine is dry rotted and i can seem to find one for any year bellow 1990. i know that 89 was the first year of the intank fuel pump.
  17. Epixstar

Waterpump fun

my thermostat went and my waterpump was leaking out the weep hole so i decide just to do them all at once. Everyting up to the water pump came off easy until i got to the pump. I read everyones advice on them sprayed it down with pen lube a day before and a hour before, But of course three heads...
  18. Epixstar

Newfrom michigan

hi new member here from the Detroit area. I have a 1989 ranger xlt 2.9 87,000 mile, shaved doors, fiberglass hood
  19. Epixstar

89 high idle

hi i have a 1989 ranger xlt 2.9 87,000 miles and i cant seem to get the idle to come down past 1400 rpms. I did i full tune up on it plugs wires and cap and rotor.i cleaned out the throttle body which was very dirty the best i can. I checked for vacuum leaks and could not find any up top. still...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad