• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Need more power!!!

I've recently picked up a 90 xlt 2.3l 5-speed 4x4 Dana 35 and 410's. It's got 235/75 15" tires. It's got 150K and runs great, with very little rusting underneath. :icon_thumby: I went over it pretty thorough and did some fixes to bring it up to snuff... and I just went through NJ Safety and...
  2. 4x4 trans crossmember bushings

My 1990 xlt 2.3L 5-speed 4x4 has some trans cross member issues. The cross member bushings are deteriorated to the point where the trans is flopping around due to the torque of the motor as I shift. Are those bushings on the end of the trans cross member pressed in? They are rusted and look...
  3. 2L bore, 2.5L stroke

Anybody with knowledge about machining the 2L 3.52 bore block for the smaller journals of a 2.5L 3.401 stroke. Just thinking and I read somewhere about a square bore and stroke being ideal for smooth and even power delivery. If possible, it would be about 2.2L. Any machinist out there with an...
  4. Howdy Folks!

Newbie here! I just bought a 1990 XLT, 2.3 4x4 electronic transfer. I had a 90 XLT 2x4 with 4.0 auto a few years, one of my kids has it now. My friends say the 2.3 is too week and I should've gotten a v-6, but economy is more important than power to me. I've read so much here on this forum to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad