• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Enzo_Guy

Better MPG: tailgate vs no tailgate?

I've got a 4.0 SOHC 4x4 with 4.10 gears so my fuel economy is already bad enough. I've read the physics behind both arguments and from what I've seen it tends to be on a case-by-case basis. So for an '04 extended cab stepside would I even see any difference with or without a tailgate? I know...
  2. Enzo_Guy

What motor to drop in for beater '90 truck?

A friend finally popped his original 2.9L and now needs a new motor. His truck is a Supercab automatic that I'm pretty sure is 2WD and I think 3.73 gears were the norm for that drivetrain combination. The truck is NOT his daily driver and it's primarily used for dump runs, moving furniture...
  3. Enzo_Guy

Picture of 302 vs 4.6L for V8 Conversions

Picture of 302 vs 4.6L for '83-'97 V8 Conversions section I was reading the V8 Conversion article: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/V8Conversions.html I don't browse the V8 forum enough to know if questions on Mod swaps are an issue, but I found an old picture of a 302 sitting next...
  4. Enzo_Guy

5-speed shifting problem

I have an '04 with the 4.0L SOHC, had a shifting problem crop up on me at random. It will NOT go into 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, or R when sitting still but it will slide right into 4th. If I start the truck in gear, I have excellent clutch pedal pressure. The problem is that when I push the pedal...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad