• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. squidget

Driving with no front axle shafts

So... I've found myself under my Ranger once again. I've pulled the front axle shafts and diff down for repair, but have fallen into a situation where I need to drive my truck. My question is 'Can I throw the spindles, wheel bearings, yada yada yada back together and drive like a 2WD pickup at...
  2. squidget

Ignition Advise

So... I've replaced the exhaust manifolds, alternator, water pump, t-stat, power steering pump, u-joints, radiator, tires, brakes, and had the rear end rebuilt. Most of that done with just one hand as I sliced my hand open back in January. The next thing I'm working on is the ignition system. I...
  3. squidget

Help with a 7.5 rebuild

I'm kinda between a rock and a hard place here guys. Last month, the bearings in the rear end in my 88 Ranger STX decided they were going to start rattling. I have since parked the truck and have been getting ready to rebuild it. As fate would have it, shortly after walking to work that morning...
  4. squidget

Wider tires for the Ranger

Got the stock 215 75 15. Would it be possible to mount the wider 235 75 15 on the same rim? These are the rims I have -
  5. squidget

97 Explorer - Throttle bracket

Here's an odd one for you guys - Check out the video. It explains my problem.:icon_confused: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rd2nJR7XOI Thanks! Tom
  6. squidget

My Christmas gift to myself...

TRS Premium Membership! This site is one of the best automotive forums I've ever belonged to. Very knowledgeable members and a well laid out forum tree. This place is awesome! Happy Holidays to you all! Tom
  7. squidget

This was just exciting!

I work for a ski resort in the Sierra Nevada's of Norther California and have been commuting to work in my 88 Ranger 4x4. Truck does wonderfully in the snow, but today, he got to be a hero. Some not so bright skier ignored the Chains Required sign as he traversed down the road in his late 90's...
  8. squidget

Hello from Twain Harte, CA

Hi! Name's Tom. I inherited an 88 Ranger STX earlier this year from my wife's grandfather. Thing's got 217,000 miles and still keeps chugging along. I've been looking through the website for the past few months and this is my first time in the forums. I didn't really know how well known the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad