• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 99RangerOffRoad

My cylinder 3 is hungry for spark plugs.

My cylinder #3 has gone through 2 plugs working on a third in less than 20,000 miles. With a fresh plug it runs fine, but after awhile it starts to run rough. It progressively gets worse until it throws a p303 code. Pop in a new spark plug it runs fine. The plugs aren't cracked and they aren't...
  2. 99RangerOffRoad

Hidden Falls Adventure Park - Marble Falls, TX

Anybody want to go to this offroad park. Says you need a wheeling partner to avoid fees on vehicle removal just in case you get stuck and all my friends own 2wd cars. :dunno: http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/index.html
  3. 99RangerOffRoad

hunting and fishing is disgusting!

And so that way there are less cars sporting game animals as hood ornaments. Especially down here in the hill country of Texas.
  4. 99RangerOffRoad

Finally decided to try out a 10/22.

I just put about 200 rounds through mine today. Shot awesome. I was doing probably about 2 inch groups shooting at a fast pace with federal bulk box hollow points. Taking my time and with good ammo I could easily bring that down. You should be plenty happy with it.
  5. 99RangerOffRoad

I am guessing this is not good...

My 99 Ranger 4x4 with the 5r55e started experiencing 2nd to 3rd slipping, after researching it sounded like it was just the valve body gaskets. But then I find this in the pan... Anybody have any idea what these are? I am guessing just get a new transmission :sad:
  6. 99RangerOffRoad

1999 Valve body gaskets 5r55e

Where is a good place to buy them? Everywhere I have looked either doesn't have them or I don't know if I can trust the site. Anybody used bulkpart.com? Thanks, I tried searching for this info but couldn't find anything.
  7. 99RangerOffRoad

Front axle removal ifs

Which snap ring pliers would yall recommend to remove the front axle retaining snap ring on a 99 ranger? The problem I am having is most are too fat to fit and the pair that I did get to fit tore up the plastic... which I guess isn't that big of a deal considering you have to replace it...
  8. 99RangerOffRoad

Smittybilt SRC bumper on a Ranger?

In a different thread someone mentioned adapting a Smittybilt bumper to mount on a Ranger. To me this sounded like a great idea. http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/8.htm But before I go throw a couple hundred out, I was just wondering if anybody had any opinions of whether it would work...
  9. 99RangerOffRoad

What should I do?

I currently have a whining stock rear limited slip 8.8. I am going to replace the rear axle assembly no matter what mainly because I want 31 spline axles. I don't have access to a welder so if I got an exploder rear I would have to take it to a shop to get welded. That isn't a big deal $100...
  10. 99RangerOffRoad

Is it worth it?

I found a lift kit locally (used) that appears to be a combination lift kit. They said it is a superlift converted to coilovers using the rcd lift kit. And they want $1300 for it. Opinions?
  11. 99RangerOffRoad

90's Bronco 8.8 vs Ranger 8.8

I found a great deal on an axle with a detroit locker in it. But I am not sure if they would be compatible or not.
  12. 99RangerOffRoad

Is it possible to run 3 link with leaf springs??

I think the links would pretty much be useless it would be the same as running just leaf springs.
  13. 99RangerOffRoad

Driveline questions

I recently purchased a 99 ranger, hence the name,:icon_twisted: anyways I noticed I have an ever so slight leak coming from the front of the rear diff. I am guessing I need to replace the rear pinion seal. And also I am looking to rid myself of the infamous driveshaft thud. And while I have the...
  14. 99RangerOffRoad

Re-entered the ranks of Ranger owners

I recently just purchased a 99 extended cab XLT 4x4 Off Road Ranger. I picked it up for $5k with 122k miles. Didn't think it was that bad of deal.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad