• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. wraith13

Sunroof OHC?

Has anyone installed the ohc from an explorer with a sunroof?....It looks a little shorter, minus the garage button....
  2. wraith13

Transmission does not go into gear?

I have a 98, ext cab, 4x4, 3.0L, auto tranny. Once in a while when the vehicle has not been used for awhile....it doesn't go into a gear....I can put in drive, rev, 4low, 4hi....nothing...so I put into Park for a few min and then it is fine, any ideas?....the fluid level is fine.
  3. wraith13

5R55E to a 4R44E?

5R44E to a 4R44E? I have a 2001 Mazda 2x4, 3.0, has I think a 5R44E...no reverse problem....I have access to a free 99 ranger 2x4, 3.0 and has a 4R44E....it works great...Can I swap in the 4R44E.....the 5R44E are as scarce as hens teeth around here. thanks, John
  4. wraith13

1999 axle swap ?

Will the axle from a 1999 reg cab 2wd fit a 1997 reg cab 2wd? Also is there a difference in the wheel bolt pattern?...The 99 has 15in wheels, the 97 has 14 in wheels. cheers, John
  5. wraith13

PATS ? and front clip removal?

engine swap Will an engine from a 2002 go in my 1998 or will I have computer or pats issues? Both are 3.0. thanks in advance, John
  6. wraith13

Testing an engine before an install?

I have a 98 xlt ext 4x4 auto. I picked up a 99 reg cab 2x4, auto. The engine in the 99 was replaced with one with 70K kms (42K miles) from a 2002 Ranger I believe, that's mostly why I bought it. My 98 runs ok with 210K kms (120K miles) but for how long...who knows. The 99 engine runs smooth...
  7. wraith13

Engine serial number?

Is there a way to tell what year an engine is?? I bought a 99 reg cab, auto, 3.0, 2x4. I was told that it had a 2002 engine installed in it....any way of telling?
  8. wraith13

Vulcan or duratec????

What is the differences????I have a chance to get a low...low mileage 3.0 from a 2003 taurus....I have a 3.0 in my 98 ranger 4x4....how can I tell if the taurus is a V or D and does it matter? If I can use the engine, can I just swap out the gaskets, intake/exhaust, then when it's time to do...
  9. wraith13

What year 3.0l will fit?

My 1998 4x4 ext cab 3.0l is getting tired...what year and model 3.0 from ford will fit....and will I have a pats issue? cheers, John
  10. wraith13

Cab Removal

I have a 98 ext cab 4x4....I want to clean and rust protect the frame....I have removed the bed and done the back, but how hard is it to completely remove the cab? What is involved and has to be disconnected? I'd like to take it all off in one piece if possible....that would be a good time to...
  11. wraith13

Gas tank crossmembers rusted?

I've got a 98 4x4 ext cab and the tank crossmembers are shot where the attach to the fame on both sides.....I've tried jy and they're about the same condition as mine.....anubody fabbed any or have ideas on other xmembers that can be fitted? East coast Canada and alot of salt in the winter is...
  12. wraith13

Removing the gas tank?

I have a 98 extended cab 4x4....do I need any special tools to remove the 3 hoses from the gas tank...2 fuel and the one vapor one?? cheers, John
  13. wraith13

crossmembers

Has anyone fabbed up mid frame crossmembers? I am having problems finding any in Eastern Canada.....land of rust. I have a 98 ext cab 4x4 and the 3 that are above (the gas tank, rwear can and tranny) are is baaaddd shape. Any ideas? thanks, John
  14. wraith13

3.0 l and 4.0L shared parts ?

Guys I got a 97 explorer 4.0L that I bought for the seats, console, wheels stuff like that. But are there any other parts under the hood that are shared by both the 4.0L explorer and a 98 3.0L ranger....for example, starting motor, alternator, gem module, wiper motor...stuff like that...
  15. wraith13

Gas tank?

I've got a 98 4x4 xlt stepside, I'm doing some work on the frame, so I pulled the bed. Looking at the gas tank straps and crossmembers, they look like they need to be replaced. So taking a closer look at the tank, I noticed that on the in side (closer to driveshaft), there is like an outer...
  16. wraith13

Explore to Ranger bumper swap?

I did a search, but all the threads talk around my question. Will a 1996 explorer (2 door) bumper fit on a 1998 Ranger 4x4? I know the back one is too wide, as I have a stepside. Also, any other parts that I can salvage and keep, ie rims, rear end???? cheers, John
  17. wraith13

Rear upper shock mounts

The rear upper shock mounts on my 1998 4x4 xlt s/c are looking realllly rough. Does anyone know if the ones from an F-150 will work? I've seen pics on line...and they look the same...but can't make that call on just a pic. If not what have some of you guys done? I want to replace the gas...
  18. wraith13

98 gas tank crossmember

I got a 1998 ranger and the gas tank strap is rusted out...I noticed that the crossmember that it attaches to is in bad shape as well. Anyone know of a company that sells them as well as the bed ribs???? cheers, John
  19. wraith13

1998 60/40 seats

Can anyone tell me what other years of the 60/40 seats will fit my 1998 ext cab? I did do a search, but mostly find conversions....The 1998 seats in my ranger are getting really rough. So any help you guys can give me? cheers, John

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad