• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. gribly

Favorite guns to shoot?

I'll agree with the 10/22 as being fun to shoot, the cheap ammo is a huge bonus, too.
  2. gribly

Bought ammo last night. Need a few more guns.

Beretta 96? Feed malfunction? Something was wrong with the gun. I've got over 3600 rounds through mine without any sort of issue, period, and the 92's are legendary for reliability. Seems the only bad things I have ever heard about Berettas are from police, makes me wonder if there are...
  3. gribly

Aww jeez, I'm a traitor.

Sorry guys, the Nava-hoe is coming up for sale, and I'm going to be just rocking a 2002 Civic Si. It's not that I don't like my truck, but I basically am getting bribed to get it out of the driveway. My parents hate it because it's got some wooden interior pieces, the rocker panels are made...
  4. gribly

gun choke question

12? Yeah, I'd get a rifle. You're not sneaking up on 12.
  5. gribly

gun choke question

With a coyote I don't think it'll make much difference unless you're trying to get 'em from a distance. A 12 guage would tear open a coyote. Just get some decent buckshot and make damn sure the weapon is clean and lubed before trying to shoot anything that can attack you. I watched my cousin...
  6. gribly

straight axle swap

legoms013 is correct
  7. gribly

straight axle swap

Sounds like you already know what you should do. How's your driving style when you're out wheeling? If you're like me, don't get the '30. What about throwing the '44 knuckles and u-joints on the existing '35 in your truck? That wouldn't be an SAS but you'd have the strength you want for now...
  8. gribly

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

Actually, based on ballistics data, your average .40 has a touch more energy than .45, due to the .40 running a higher chamber pressure. They also travel a hell of a lot faster. That's why there is virtually nobody making any +p .40. Georgia Arms will make you all the +p+ you could ever want...
  9. gribly

They Found "Our" Mountain Lion!

Well, a horse is large, yes, but it's an easier target than a moose, and easier to find than deer.
  10. gribly

They Found "Our" Mountain Lion!

We have 'em in Maine. They deny it. I've seen 'em. I also want to know how they explain horses being dragged off in the night if it ain't mountain lions!
  11. gribly

2005 f-250 6.0, cel

Code reader says that CEL is an EGR issue. Truck drives fine, I was towing with it yesterday, owner is going to take it across 3 states next week. I don't think it should be driven at all until it's fixed, but a new valve is $277 and he was bitching about it. My idea is to remove the EGR...
  12. gribly

My Navajo - stuck video

Went out to camp this weekend, found some ground that was softer than I thought. Luckily another member was with me, but we had to trim brush to get that Ranger out to give me a tug without scratching his paint. I went back through and made it, just had to stay a little more left. DQmW8fq2SKU
  13. gribly

What should I do?

Just go have a good talk with her father. If you have to, use the fact that her mother went to the hospital herself. That ain't right.
  14. gribly

Uh-Oh...

So, my father, who is out of state for surgery at the moment just called. His surgery went well, but he had some bad news. My stepmom couldn't get her car out of the driveway so she took his '05 Level II to work, and wrecked it. I don't know how bad it is, but apparently it's not too bad...
  15. gribly

SCX-10 Bronco

This is my second scale crawler project, it's been 10 years since my last one. I think i did pretty good. Originally it was a stock SCX-10 TR that I drove the snot out of all summer. I had worn out almost every joint on it and had to do a complete rebuild, so I decided to stretch the...
  16. gribly

ATTN: Anyone without a working 1354E (push button 4wd)

Mine has been acting up lately, so I tore the motor apart completely and found something not mentioned in the tech library. The plate with all the contacts that is attached to the gear has a stop-screw on it. This stop screw has a plastic sheath around it, and mine was shattered. This allows...
  17. gribly

M50D only has 4th

My transmission was causing my truck to shudder at 15mph - I changed fluid from cooked gear oil to Mercon V and low speed vibration went away. Now 3000 miles later it is vibrating in all gears except 4th. 1st is okay, 2nd is alright, 3rd is bad, 4th is fine, and 5th is terrible. I can coast...
  18. gribly

Today was a good RBV day

I smell like a damn parts cleaner. Today, I put in new inner and outer front wheel bearings, new spindle bearings, new upper and lower balljoints, new outer universals, and new front shocks. :D While all of this was happening at my Uncle's shop, I noticed a little 4wd ranger parked out front...
  19. gribly

For the REALLY HARDCORE guns guys....

Clips are what a girl wears in her hair.
  20. gribly

Runway Enduro A/T

I just bought a set of these today, have not put many miles on them yet but have a good first impression. I bought some in 31x10.5 for my Navajo. From what I read, they are a harder compound and they wear well. I noticed this driving down the street, they are easy to torch off. I probably...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad