• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. gribly

Aww jeez, I'm a traitor.

Sorry guys, the Nava-hoe is coming up for sale, and I'm going to be just rocking a 2002 Civic Si. It's not that I don't like my truck, but I basically am getting bribed to get it out of the driveway. My parents hate it because it's got some wooden interior pieces, the rocker panels are made...
  2. gribly

2005 f-250 6.0, cel

Code reader says that CEL is an EGR issue. Truck drives fine, I was towing with it yesterday, owner is going to take it across 3 states next week. I don't think it should be driven at all until it's fixed, but a new valve is $277 and he was bitching about it. My idea is to remove the EGR...
  3. gribly

My Navajo - stuck video

Went out to camp this weekend, found some ground that was softer than I thought. Luckily another member was with me, but we had to trim brush to get that Ranger out to give me a tug without scratching his paint. I went back through and made it, just had to stay a little more left. DQmW8fq2SKU
  4. gribly

Uh-Oh...

So, my father, who is out of state for surgery at the moment just called. His surgery went well, but he had some bad news. My stepmom couldn't get her car out of the driveway so she took his '05 Level II to work, and wrecked it. I don't know how bad it is, but apparently it's not too bad...
  5. gribly

SCX-10 Bronco

This is my second scale crawler project, it's been 10 years since my last one. I think i did pretty good. Originally it was a stock SCX-10 TR that I drove the snot out of all summer. I had worn out almost every joint on it and had to do a complete rebuild, so I decided to stretch the...
  6. gribly

ATTN: Anyone without a working 1354E (push button 4wd)

Mine has been acting up lately, so I tore the motor apart completely and found something not mentioned in the tech library. The plate with all the contacts that is attached to the gear has a stop-screw on it. This stop screw has a plastic sheath around it, and mine was shattered. This allows...
  7. gribly

M50D only has 4th

My transmission was causing my truck to shudder at 15mph - I changed fluid from cooked gear oil to Mercon V and low speed vibration went away. Now 3000 miles later it is vibrating in all gears except 4th. 1st is okay, 2nd is alright, 3rd is bad, 4th is fine, and 5th is terrible. I can coast...
  8. gribly

Today was a good RBV day

I smell like a damn parts cleaner. Today, I put in new inner and outer front wheel bearings, new spindle bearings, new upper and lower balljoints, new outer universals, and new front shocks. :D While all of this was happening at my Uncle's shop, I noticed a little 4wd ranger parked out front...
  9. gribly

Runway Enduro A/T

I just bought a set of these today, have not put many miles on them yet but have a good first impression. I bought some in 31x10.5 for my Navajo. From what I read, they are a harder compound and they wear well. I noticed this driving down the street, they are easy to torch off. I probably...
  10. gribly

My r/c truck in the water

IxdoCK9i_m4
  11. gribly

My worst idea ever....

... but I think it could be badass as hell if it were to turn out like I want... I have a '91 Mazda Navajo as my daily driver. This is essentially a Ford Explorer Sport clone, minus the grille, seats, and door panels. It has a 31 spline 8.8 that I just rebuilt, Dana 35 TTB, M5OD-R1 tranny...
  12. gribly

Navajo whines and vibrates.

So recently my 2-door Navajo started whining at high speed (50+mph) and and shudders at 15mph when slowing down. The whining and shuddering are not affected by braking, gear position, or clutch position. If I brake moderately hard, braking is smooth until 15-20mph, where the truck will shudder...
  13. gribly

Mazda Navajo tire sizes

It's about time to purchase new tires for my '91 Navajo. I do a lot of trail exploring and driving places I really shouldn't take a truck on regular old michelins. I'm looking into new tires, something to run until I lift my Navajo. It's mechanically very sound and so far I haven't had...
  14. gribly

My sunroof just scared me

I drive a 1991 Mazda Navajo. I've got the 4.0, 5-speed, 2-dr, with a sunroof. The sunroof is the kind that I can either raise the back up for a little air, or pop it out completely. Well, it's a nice day, so I wanted to pop it out. Now, I've only popped it out once before this - it took a...
  15. gribly

Father's Day

I just got done putting up a big birdfeeder hanging from a 6' iron post on the edge of my dad's lawn. He should notice it when he gets back from camp in the morning. What did you all do for Father's Day? He drives an '05 Level II btw
  16. gribly

The Parts Counter

So I have been to the parts counter at two different stored FOUR times today trying to fix the brakes on my mother's Subaru. She told me the brakes were really bad, I test drove the car late the other night and agreed, brake pedal was softer than the clutch. I assumed the calipers seized since...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad