• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. gwaii

shaker

got to go for a ride last night...without even leaving the house! sat through a 7.7 quake,shook the house pretty good and felt like it wouldn't end(went on for close to a minute)but no one and nothing was hurt.we did have to evacuate the town for a tsunami alert,but nothing came of that....it...
  2. gwaii

Nine Minutes to Four.

before anyone asks why i'm starting another project when the gt lies waiting for attention,let me state that this one was started way,way before the triumph. i'm just finally getting to the end run on this one.that's how my projects go sometimes. i was given this some years ago,and at...
  3. gwaii

really?

thingy at the bottom of the page says that 'most users ever' was today,at 3:28am. what the heck was going on at 3:28am:icon_confused:
  4. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

folks come from all over the world to fish here,so i try to take advantage of living two minutes from the boat launch whenever i can sneak away from work. figured i may as well put up a thread to show what's up. boat's in the water and i'm ready to hunt the elusive halibut. on the way...
  5. gwaii

it's here.

japanese tsunami flotsam,that is. i was walking the dogs on the beach this morning when i came across this... it's a bit hard to read,but it's a bottle of 'masan' mineral water,with a bunch of japanese writing on it.it's still sealed and full,though the cap is a bit beat up. i imagine...
  6. gwaii

R.i.p r.b.a.c.

well,it's finally happened.the 2.9l ranger engine i've had running my air compressor for the last 5 years(and the one that was thoroughly beaten on before driving my butt up to these islands)has finally done it. it's started puking coolant out the overflow,even when cold...and i've got enough...
  7. gwaii

spare some change?

THE SPIRIT OF HAIDA GWAII 10-KILO 99.999% PURE GOLD COIN The Spirit of Haida Gwaii pure gold coin is the world's first 10-kilo gold coin of 99.999% purity. Its $100,000 face value makes it the world's highest denomination 10-kilo gold coin and highest denomination non-circulation numismatic...
  8. gwaii

sweet!

check out what i found in my mailbox today.... thanks jim:headbang:
  9. gwaii

so what's gonna be better...

i have a decision to make... i'm building a 351w to be a reliable mid rpm(4500-5000) motor that will pull from 1000-1200 rpm,i plan on using gt40 heads off a 5.0,an edelbrock performer rpm intake with a holley 625 vac secondary. here's my quandary.i have the option of going with a flat-tappet...
  10. gwaii

one year

actually,i'm a few days late. it was may 10 last year i returned to the net and re-joined this site. boy,that time went by fast:icon_cheers:.
  11. gwaii

Freebies

it was a good day.i worked hard all day,made a shiney boat shineyer. there's a guy who got hold of some equipment when the military base here shut down(it wasn't worth it to them to ship it off-island)but he found it took up too much space in his shop....so,he asked if i would take it...but he...
  12. gwaii

long distance help

just got a call from someone looking for advice on fiberglassing. happens all the time,right?well,this one was from new zealand. i guess a friend is down there and let it be known i'm the answer guy.i think that's the longest distance call for help i've ever gotten:icon_surprised:
  13. gwaii

Toty

Thanks,guys:icon_cheers:
  14. gwaii

from the ford racing parts catalog

holy crap http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11732
  15. gwaii

vice grips.

i don't really know how many i have....these are just some that were handy. what i do know is that without them,i'd be unable to do half the things i do.i only buy original name brand vice grips,i've noticed all the others(even what are 'good' names for other tools)just don't seem to measure...
  16. gwaii

Homemade tools

after forming up the fuel tank parts for the gt,i posted a pic of this; which i used to form up the parts.there were some questions about it's construction which i will try to address here. at the same time it would be interesting to see some of the homemade tools others have come up with to...
  17. gwaii

hey,copperhead85

how's the view down the other side of that hill?:D happy b-day,dude.
  18. gwaii

ranger refit/build thread

from the beginning. i wanted to put a good,economical wheeling machine together-something i could use for exploring and camping,that would be tough enough to beat on a bit and still get me home. it had to be a ranger,but all i was worried about finding was a solid frame and body,as i was...
  19. gwaii

9/11

from across a continent and in a different country,it had a profound effect on how i would live my life afterward.9 years later and i still get chills when the subject is brought up. may some form of sanity come to the world.
  20. gwaii

Gt-12

it's september now,so i need to start planning the winter projects.among the usual stuff,i also need an indoor project as it gets dark and cold very early here. so this is my winter evening time-burner. it's a 1970 triumph gt6 i aquired some time ago.i was going to go full resto on it,but...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad