• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Clutch disk thickness/rivet depth for 2003 FX4 4.0L

After 75K miles I decided I should change the clutch again when the opportunity for a temp garage space presented itself. Pulled the old Luk components and found the rivet depth to be 80-100 thou still. I saw a spec of 120 thou in the service manual but 80-100 still looked pretty good...
  2. Can 2003 window motor be serviced?

I've got the driver's window motor out, but it looks sealed. I've read where problems with the motor can be related to replaceable nylon internals in the gearbox, but I can't see how to get this one open. Anyone know if this one can be worked on?
  3. Rear coupling on front driveshaft?

I started tearing things out to replace the leaking clutch slave cylinder in my 2003 Ranger FX4 4.0L - man what a lot of stuff to get out of the way, and bolts where only a kid with 4 ft long arms could reach! Anyway, I'm following the Chilton manual but it's a little slim about some stuff...
  4. Did my driving habits cause early clutch slave/TO failure? 2003 FX4 4.0

I got this truck 3 years ago with 17K miles at 5yrs old, now 42K. For most of the time I've had it I've taken to coasting downhill either in neutral or with the clutch depressed, for fuel economy, when the hill is steep enough to maintain speed. I wouldn't say that's something that happens a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad