• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Exhaust flange to manifold

The exhaust flange bolting the y pipe up to the manifolds is getting pretty rusty on my '91 3.0... flimsy and causing an exhaust leak. Ideas to fix this issue?
  2. Starts fine the first time, then won't start.

1991 Ranger, almost 200k miles - Initial start in the morning and it fires up within a couple cranks.... any other time during the same day whether it has sat for 5 minutes or 2 hours, it will not turn over without giving some gas pedal.... Seems the longer between starts it may start a little...
  3. Stumbles on initial acceleration

Have a problem that feels like an air leak. Previous intake tube was starting to rot... slight cracks in according section led to air leaks that caused similar issue. Replaced tube, everything ran fine for few months. Now the similar problem has developed and I'm wondering if it isn't...
  4. Front Spring Mount fubar

Seems the mount on passenger side has rusted on the old '91. Looks like it was riveted into the frame... ideas? Take to a metal fabricator I guess? Will have to take off tire, compress spring and remove shock too I think. Grrrr
  5. high and low beams AT ONCE!

1991 Ranger. If headlights are on and I push the stick forward (towards dashboard), I get high beams (while simultaneously the low beams switch off). I find it more to my liking to just pull the stick back and I keep my low beams working while my high beams add to the illumination! It's...
  6. upper ball joint stuck

1991 Ranger 2WD. Spindle removed. Using a ball joint press from Autozone, my upper isn't moving and the c-clamp thing is bending... ideas?!? :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:
  7. Speedometer incorrect

Seems lately the speedometer is saying I'm going faster than I know I am. Have double checked with gps. I was just doing some brief looking around on here and noticed someone saying something about ABS in relation to speedometer? My ABS light has been going on and off at times and seems there...
  8. Rear end vibration

I'm thinking rear axle bearings at 175k miles never changed. Feels in the driveline and seems more than just a wheel weight being off. Vibration seems more noticeable during highway speeds and severity varies with acceleration and deceleration. I'm thinking there are bearings at the wheels...
  9. Seal a leaking exhaust manifold

So I went through an "exhausting" manifold repair of old rusty studs and worn gaskets involving a torch and drill. Have new grade 8 bolts and all seems great except for one leaky spot and I suspect it's slightly warped at the head as I tried to repair it in the past after machining the manifold...
  10. Won't Start - Gremlins!

Truck was running just fine. Then went to start it up earlier after it sat for 30 minutes. Got the starter relay click and then everything (dome light, radio) went dead. New battery a month ago after previous one there for 4 yrs. Wiggled battery connections, nothing new. Went ahead and...
  11. losing clutch at low idle

1991 3.0 5 speed. I've never experienced this before... Every once in a while, seems I'm loosing my clutch.... pedal doesn't engage until the very last few inches of pedal... To the point that I can almost not shift.... Seems to only happen currently sporadically and idle is usually low. If I...
  12. engine overheat with A/C

Issue is engine seems to really get hot when A/C is engaged... especially if it's in the 90's outside... in the past I had to actually pull off highway once when hauling a slightly heavy load... engine was laboring as well.... Know sitting still doesn't help but it sure seems to happen more...
  13. Hard to start when warm

Previously had a thread titled Fuel Pump because was thinking it was a fuel pump issue... Previous posters suggested getting fuel pump pressure, replace IAC, replace fuel filter. 1991 Ford Ranger with 1992 3.0L engine. Seems to start fine in the morning but the rest of the day, I find pushing...
  14. Fuel pump?

Having hard starts.... Only thing I can think of is the fuel pump. I've been replacing them it seems every 5-10 yrs. What a pita that is! Previously, I believe I had a pump that stopped displaying my fuel level.... before that, I think I was getting hard starts but was able to figure fuel...
  15. Crank Pulley shifted!!! huh?

My '91 Ranger has been making some belt noises since last fall... started softly and has grown louder recently. I first thought maybe it was the radiator fan clutch making the noises so I just let it continue... when I started trying to find the culprit a month ago, I figured it might be belts...
  16. Acceleration issue?

Does it make any sense that when I push my foot all the way down I get acceleration that feels normal but if I let off the pedal just an inch or so I feel the engine accelerates slightly more? What would cause that?
  17. Exhaust Manifold leak

I'm thankful for those that help others to learn :-) I have a 1991 Ranger that I replaced the 3.0 engine a few years ago... I had been and continue to be plagued with an exhaust manifold leak. Previously it just ticked.. (don't think the engine came with gaskets originally in there?)... after...
  18. 1991 Cab to frame mount

Doesn't look good and seems to be the culprit of my doors rattling over bumps as the cab flexes... anybody have quick fix for this issue? looks like the mount is pop riveted... guess I can take to a weld shop to torch the remnants and just make a quarter inch steel 90 degree mount with a hole...
  19. 91 M50D vs 92 M50D

Found a used 92 transmission for my 1991 3.0 Ranger.... looking at it, it looks like there is a difference in the speedometer input!?!? Looks like it possibly is all electronic and no mechanical gear attachment... Ford dealer says they should be the same.... this is going to create a problem...
  20. Popping out of 5th gear

160k miles on a 1991 Ranger 3.0L with the Mazda M50D transmission I believe - pops out of 5th gear on the highway.... asked around and the most common answer I've gotten is something to do with sycronizers? (I'm sorta transmission stoopid here). One reputable shop said that 95% of the time, the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad