• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 98 Ranger 5.0 swap

Well, I drove my truck to classes today, so while my build isnt 100 percent complete, its time for a writeup. First off, special thanks to: Rwenzing for answering many questions for me. MudSlanger for an awesome swap thread. and TheRangerStation tech library swap article. I started off with...
  2. What should I replace?

Preparing for a 5.0 swap in two weeks. Using a 97 sploader i got for 500 bucks. Currently driving the explorer to make sure the engine and trans are solid. Anyways, what should i replace on the engine when its out of the truck? 160k motor and trans Power steering is questionable, so pump and...
  3. 98 ranger black interior?

Did any rangers with the non-opening rear doors come with a black interior? I would really like to convert my truck to a black interior, and would like to know what to watch for.
  4. 98 ranger to 97 ex 5.0, final few questions

Tomorrow I am picking up a 97.5 explorer with the gtp 5.0. I have a 98 ranger supercab xlt with the 4.0. I have spent quite a few hours reading about this swap, and have a few questions remaining. I plan to use the x engine and transmission, along with the current manual shift 1354 t-case and...
  5. Weekend Wheelin

Me and a friend from campus decided to wheelin last weekend. Had a good time, took paint off my sliders and bumper, bent the bottom of my bumper, U'd my t-case skid plate, and almost got my radiator when the bumper got bent. Things to do... build a much stronger and higher clearance t-case skid...
  6. weird vibration problem

Several months ago, I was driving down a gravel road, and started getting vibrations bad enough that i thought I was loosing a wheel. I was finally able to make the vibrations stop by shifting the t-case into 4 wheel. (I have manual hubs and a manual t-case) Couldn't drive over 30 or so in 2...
  7. 98 IFS axle shaft replacement

Well, decided to test out my front locker for the first time in the rocks today. Worked great, amazing difference in capability, until my driver side axle shaft decided it preferred to be unlocked. Appears that the upper joint grenaded inside the boot. Is there a way to replace the joint, or...
  8. Lifted shock suggestions

I have a 98 ranger, with cranked up torsion bars, and keep pulling the bottoms off of stock length shocks. I currently use napa reflex shocks, but they don't have a longer option. So, whats a good gas shock thats 2" longer than stock? Looking for reasonably tough shocks, this truck gets used...
  9. 98 Fog light switch wiring

Anyone have a wiring diagram for the stock fog light switch in a 98 ranger? I'm trying to use it to switch lights i have mounted on a bed bar. Do not want to use the stock relay and all, just the switch. Thanks Chris
  10. Bronco II T-case ?

What transfer case will a bronco II have, 1350 or 1354?
  11. 98+ D35 locker

I would like to put a selectable locker in the front of my 98 ranger, but am having trouble finding anything that would work. What options are there? So far, shop has found that auburn ECTED and ARB air locker supposedly wont work, due to c-clip axles. Thanks Chris

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad