• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. '63 IH Scout 80

Just picked up a 1963 Scout in a trade... Got another scout I gotta go get still... I think it may be an 800. If I didn't have bills to pay from my wife's dog attack I'd be building them up... Or I just pretend I'm working on selling them until I have money for the builds :)...
  2. Measurements

Just kicking an idea around... I'm wondering if anyone on here would know how long it is from the front of the engine to the rear output on a 1989 BII? 2.9L/FM146/BW1350? That's what I have but I don't have a way to measure it without crawling under it and I don't want to at this time :)...
  3. Transmission Noise

I have a 1989 BII with the stock FM146 5sp tranny. Last year when I purchased it I put in a new flywheel, clutch kit, slave cylinder etc. I was getting a noise a few months later that sounded like a throwout bearing. Now, I get a noise that sounds pretty bad. It's like a gear grinding noise...
  4. Explorer Mileage

What kind of fuel economy can you expect out of a first generation Explorer? In my '89 BII I'm getting 21-24 mpg hwy and 15-18 when I take it fishing and hunting in the mountains of Utah. I've got the 3.45 gears, a stick shift, and only have 215/75R15s on my bronco. Any chances a 2 door 5sp...
  5. Trans Question

My brother is wanting a BII cause he's seen how awesome mine is and the awesome fuel economy it gets. We've found one that doesn't go into 4th gear. Common fix for something like that or are we looking at just swapping out the trans? I still need to find out what gearing it has before we...
  6. Blew a PS Pressure hose

Had to rearrange where our vehicles were parked in the driveway tonight so I was playing musical cars. I moved the Olds first and then had to move the Bronco. Since the wife parked the Buick behind things I had to back up around it. When I got clear of the carport I turned the wheel full lock...
  7. Wiring Guru Needed...

My 89 BII continues to blow the brake light fuse... and there are times it'll blow the fuse for the left blinker also. But I think it's only blowing the blinker fuse if the brakes are pressed. So it seems that it's all a brake wiring issue. So, the question of the day is, does the brake wire...
  8. Blinkers/Hazards

Last night when I was headed home I noticed my blinkers weren't working. So I hit the hazard button and nothing there either. This is on my 89 BII. Any ideas where to start?
  9. QuickAir Question

Years ago when I was working at Rocky Road Outfitters I purchased a QuickAir compressor made by sun performance. I'd like to make it a hard mount now that I have the vehicle to do it and need to know the recommended cut in cut out pressures for the pressure switch. Their website is no longer...
  10. Fuel gauge issues...

Since I have my bronco up on a lift to do the rear brake shoes and drums I decided I'd drop the fuel tank to see why my gauge doesn't work. The yellow wire that goes to the gauge board was broken off so I had to re-solder that on. Also the little leg for the float to stop when it's empty was...
  11. Manual Hubs

I know I'm a lazy slacker... but on my 89 BII I finally decided I'd check out the brakes tonight... I purchased it almost a year ago and found receipts for brake work less than 1000 miles prior so I just haven't really wanted to look at them. When I took off the front wheels the hub came off...
  12. Water Pump Brands..

It looks like I need to replace the water pump on my 89 BII.... Anyone have experience with the Cardone reman pumps? I've gotta go cheap on this rig because my wife says so...
  13. Fuel Economy

So since my bronco is 21 years old I didn't expect awesome fuel economy, but I knew it'd be decent. We've taken it up the mountain a couple times and been in the 16-19 mpg range. This weekend my brothers in law needed help working on their cars. Wait, they needed me to work on them for them...
  14. 88 BII question

I'm new the the BII world. I had an 86 for a couple months that I fixed and sold and now I have an 89 that I'm driving. My brother borrowed it and says he's gotta get himself one of them. So I found an 88 that the guy says will run and start just fine, then dies all of a sudden. I'll cut and...
  15. Pictures of my BII

Here are pictures of my 89 Bronco II. :yahoo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stimmie_78/sets/72157624415683495/ in one picture you can see that I had the trans out to do the clutch. Anyone know where I can get a new inspection plug for that trans? The one that came with it fell apart whilst...
  16. My Bronco is a driver finally!

So earlier this year I purchased an 89 BII for $350. Met the guy part way between Salt Lake City and here. Pushed it off his trailer right on to mine. The next evening I had the thing running. Just had to put a starter solenoid in it. But then I found the clutch was bad. So I did searching...
  17. new clutch problem! need help asap!

I purchased a new clutch kit, and there isn't a marking for the flywheel side of the disc. HELP!!! I tossed the old one a couple weeks ago and can't remember. do the springs go to the pressure plate side?
  18. Clutch job.

So I'm working on changing the clutch on my 89 BII. The tranny is COVERED in black dirt/oil crap. Is it all from bad valve covers? Or would it be from a bad slave? The clutch is dry. The flywheel is dirty where the clutch doesn't contact. The goop is inside the bell housing just as bad as...
  19. Gasket...

Anyone know where I can get the gasket that goes from the fm146 trans to the transfer case? It's on my 89 BII. Got a part number maybe? I'm hoping it's not a dealer only item.
  20. Rear Hatch Repair

What's the best way to repair the busted fiberglass caused by the spare tire carrier? I plan on building a new rear bumper that would have a new carrier so I want to repair the big hole in my liftgate.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad