• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Clutch manufacturers - what's best?

Hi All; Getting ready to replace the clutch and was not sure what brand to go with. I'm looking for the kit, including throwout bearing, pressure plate, clutch disc, and input bearing. I've found three so far - SACHS, LUK, and PERFECTION - all comparably priced but know nothing about their...
  2. Thrust bearing ? ?

Hi all; Recently got the TK5 tranny rebuilt, also replaced hydraulic cylinders (master and slave) and new clutch assembly. Less than 200 miles later I thought the throwout bearing was defective due to a horrible squealing sound and I replaced it - that was a waste of time and $$, 'cause the...
  3. Clutch system fluid type

Hey everyone; Along with a tranny rebuild I've installed new clutch assembly, new clutch master cylinder and new slave cylinder. Now comes system bleed...............should I stay with "regular" brake fluid, or go with synthetic stuff? Chiltons, Haynes and Clymer all state use of DOT3 spec...
  4. '84 Clutch System Bleeding Procedure

Hey everyone; I just had the TK5 trannny rebuilt and figured it's a good time to replace the clutch assembly, clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. According to the 4 "how to" manuals I've got (Chiltons - 2 different editions, a Haynes, and a Clymer)there's no way to bleed the system, as...
  5. Cooling system dilemma

Hi all; Just scored one of those FlexiLite fans for my Ranger, but unable to install due to the heavy duty (thicker than normal) radiator that's in it. So my question is ....... stay with the present radiator and forget the electric fan, or get a stock radiator and install the fan??
  6. Headliner "sagging"

Hi all; The original headliner in my '84 has a couple areas where the liner-material seems to be sagging, as if the factory adhesive has lost its grip. Can anyone give some ideas on how to "re-glue" the material ?? The headliner is in great shape, considering it's over 24 years old, but those...
  7. Toyo Kogyo questions

Hi all; My '84 Ranger 2WD w/2.8 and has the Toyo Kogyo 5 speed (oops--4 speed w/overdrive), it's approaching 200,000 miles. It's been a reliable tranny, but I'm starting to hear some "new" sounds, so I'd like to take care of it before it leaves me stranded. Have considered: 1. replacing...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad