• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

I have a '97 B4000SE 4.0L V6, same a like Ranger XLT and I am having problem with the Fuel Pump Inertia switch, it's faulty, sometime completes the circuit and sometime fail even with the reset is down. It has made driving the truck completely unreliable, you never know when the switch is going...
  2. Oh Brother - suddenly B4000/V6 won't fire up after running the day before!

You know, I could write a Country song about this damn truck! "If I didn't Have Bad Luck, I wouldn't have this damn 97 Mazda B4000!" I think it's possessed, the ODO say's 99,999.4 miles. (23 years old going on 100 in it's crankiness.) After driving around stop and go errands all Sunday...
  3. Brand New Alternator not making over 12.3v at 2k RPM is it bad?

I have a 97 Mazda B-4000 SE 4.0L Xtr Cab (same as a Ranger XLT), with 98.4k miles. The original Motorcraft Alternator finally gave up the ghost, fortunately the battery still got me home. I bought a new, no doubt Wuhan CN made, Alternator (aren't they all these days) #AFD0012 through Amazon...
  4. Need a Charging Sys Expert - I've got a "twitchy" Amp guage ... sometimes.

I have a 97 Mazda B-4000 SE 4.0L V6 2x4, everyone knows it's the same as a Ford Ranger XLT Extra-cab just with a very slight difference in "box wrapping". I've had a lot of trucks, but this puppy is always surprising me with something new gone-wrong or warning. just recently maybe a couple...
  5. AC is always on -1997 Ranger XLT/B-4000 had new AC compressor / hoses / dryer installed.

I have a 1997 Mazda B-4000SE (same as 97 Ranger XLT 4L V6). I had a shop install a new after-market AC Compressor / all hoses / dryer on my truck during the late winter and I just noticed that no matter which position I put the dashboard selector knob in, it's blowing AC cold air. What could be...
  6. Turn Signals and Hazard Flasher are out, replaced MFS and not Fuses

I have a 1997 Mazda B4000 SE 4L V6, think top of the line Ranger XLT / Auto, no tilt column. I am at wit's end, a while back the Hazard switch started acting up, pushing the button on the top of the steering column I'd hear a faint "crackling" sound from that area, the Hazard Flasher might -...
  7. Best Spark Plug / Cables choice, for Mileage 1st - performance 2nd

I've got a '97 Mazda B4000SE 2WD ExCab 4.0L V-6 with only 98k miles (aka a Ranger XLT 4.0L). Replaced the plugs once at 45k, never on the cables. It's getting "stubborn" to start when it's wet (rainy) cold days in SoCal and I suspect (and have been told) it's the cables and plugs - time to...
  8. Sudden onset rattling noise front of engine, diagnosis?

I've got a '97 4.0L V6 Xtra Cab 2x4 Mazda B4000SE (same as a Ranger XLT). It's only got 98k miles, yeah I hardly drive it. I've got a "sudden onset" (like a heart attack) rattling noise, sounds more like the connecting rod rattle in a 57 Chevy I had in High School. I heard the faintest of this...
  9. Front end badly out of camber and toe-in, told I need adj sleeves? '97 Mazda B4000

I've got a 1997 Mazda B4000 SE (Ext Cab, 2WD, 4.0L V6 - same as a Ranger XLT) with 94k miles (yeah I don't drive it much, just for hauling parts). My front tires are wearing heavily on the outside edges only, I was told by the Tire / Alignment tech I needed a set of Camber/Toe-in adjustment...
  10. Diagnosing AC - Bad clutch or Bad Compressor 97 Mazda B-4000/Ranger XLT 4.0L

I have a 1997 Mazda B-4000 SE 4.0L Xtr Cab 2WD only 96k Miles (same as a Ranger XLT 4.0L). Last couple of years I've had the AC slowly lose Refrigerant to the point I was only getting Cool Air, not Cold. I refilled it with "Johnsen's" brand 134a and had nice cold airflow again all summer, fall...
  11. Ranger/B-4000 LED Headlight Coversion - Experiences & Suggestions

I've got a 1997 Mazda B-4000 2WD Extra Cab (98k Miles) and it seems like everyone on the roads have brighter headlights than my sweet truck. My headlight glass is still pretty clear, not sure if it can be polished like the lexan headlights found on all cars these days. It's really the stock 9007...
  12. Engine Code P1443 - 1997 Ranger 4.0L Valve Solenoid, Senso or Canister?

I've got a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT Ex Cab disguised as a Mazda B4000 SE 2x4 4.0L FI with only 97k miles. I hope you don't mind, we all know it's a Ford Ranger and I know I'll get more help here then a Mazda specific forum. Murphy's Law, I have smog due in October and suddenly the Engine Light...
  13. Convert a 1997 Mazda B4000 (Ranger XLT) to CREE LED Headlights?

I've got a 1997 Mazda B-4000 ExtraCab 2WD, same as a same year Ranger XLT and I've noticed a lot of ads for CREE LED Headlight conversion kits on EBay for nearly every model car and truck from 2000 on, but nothing for a 1997 -1999 Mazda/Ford B series/Ranger. I'm just posting this one on EBay...
  14. 97 Mazda B4000 - "Extinct" AC Hoses & which AC Freon

It's getting hot in Southern California!! And I was told by a couple mechanics that no one makes all the AC hoses for older Mazda B series/Ford Ranger PuPs, as I have. The AC hoses are all deteriorating (I only have 98k miles!) and the Coolant has leaked over the last few years to the point all...
  15. 97 Mazda B-4000 Turn Signals and Hazard Flasher are out, not Fuses

I have a '97 Mazda B-4000, Xtra Cab, Automatic Trans (same as the Equiv Ranger w/ 4-Litre V6) and I have no Turn signals or Hazard light. Nothing else seems to have failed. I've pulled fuses at 21 and 22 in the dash driver side Fuse Box and both are fine, even checked them on a DMM. If I recall...
  16. '97 B4000 "turns over" but sometimes won't start

I have a 1997 Mazda B4000 V6 (same as a Ranger 4.0 liter) PU 2WD, only 80k miles, had the CPS replaced 20k ago. For no reason at all, on occasion with no predictability or reason, from cold only, the motor will crank and crank and crank but will not start for hours or the whole day or two. I'll...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad