• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. four100d

Does positive camber cause truck to sit slightly higher?

I just installed some daystar spacers on my 95 2wd and I am taking it to get aligned tomorrow. Well, I'm going to have a free alignment check to make sure it is align-able, and if it is, I'm going to install the aftermarket camber bushings then take it back for the alignment. Anyway, I was...
  2. four100d

Too much offset?

I'm thinking of buying a set of Mickey Thompson Classic II's from Jegs, and here are the specs on the wheels: Part# 358421 Size: 15x8 Weight: 17 Bolt Pattern: 5-4.5 Backspacing: 3-5/16 Offset: -30 Load Capacity: 2,000 My plans are these wheels, 33x12.5 Duratracs, and a 4" Rough Country...
  3. four100d

Fitting 33x12.50 on my 95 2wd?

I have a body lift, and have lift shackles in the rear (set at the lowest setting). I want to get 33x12.50 Duratracs, and 15x8 Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels, and I need to know if it will work if I install a 2" coil spacer and max out the shackles? I will have a total of 5" of lift. I read...
  4. four100d

Styleside to Flareside body lift and fuel filler question?

I'm getting ready to put a flareside bed on my truck, and I was wondering, since I have a body lift, can I get the styleside filler neck to work with the flareside? I know the styleside filler necks are longer, but I was thinking since I had the body lift, that maybe it would work... Anyone...
  5. four100d

Ranger Powerforce Concept

They should have sold these, it looks pretty cool... http://www.velocityjournal.com/pictures/org/77/5853.html More info: http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/lot_details.aspx?from=searchresults&intObjectID=3942148&sid=c512483c-21ff-4f6a-ad17-849ac6ed903e Here is another cool concept from the...
  6. four100d

Worth buying wrecked 2003 Edge 4x4?

There is a guy close to me that is selling a 2003 reg cab edge 4x4 5spd 3.0 that was rolled for $450 OBO. He says the cab, hood, fenders and doors are all bad, but the bed and everything else is good. He says it has about 160,000 miles on it and was mechanically sound before the wreck, and he...
  7. four100d

Grinding, scraping sound

I recently replaced the Auto hubs on my 95 4.0 4x4 with some used manual hubs I got from pick and pull because I thought the driver side auto hub was bad and it was making a grinding, scraping sound. (hard to explain the exact sound) But after I installed the manual hubs the noise is still...
  8. four100d

Firestone Destination AT / Gas Mileage?

I'm wanting to buy a new set of Firestone Destination AT's for my 4x4, does anyone else have these with the 4.0 engine? Right now I have 235/75-15 Goodyear Wrangler Radials and I'm wanting to get 31's. How much mpg will I lose going from a 235/75 to a 31/10.50? Also, will the less aggressive...
  9. four100d

Ranger buckets in Regular Cab, Cramped???

This isn't a will it fit question, it's more of will I be cramped if I put stock buckets out of a 95 ranger extended cab, into my 95 ranger regular cab? I know the factory buckets that were in my 94 ext. cab seemed to have a longer lower portion (where you sit) than the 60/40 seats. So I was...
  10. four100d

Leaf Sag Temporary Fix

My 95 4x4's driver side leaf spring is sagging about 3/4 to 1" lower than the passenger side. I'm going to install an autozone drop shackle on the driver side to lift it up 3/4". My question is, will that work for a while? Has anyone ever done this for a sagging spring. I just want something...
  11. four100d

Ford Racing Speedometer Calibration Tool???

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes... My 95 Ranger has a hybrid Vehicle Speed Sensor that is electronic, but still uses gears. With my current gears and tire size, I can't get the right gear to calibrate my speedo; Ford doesn't make a 22 tooth gear. I was searching...
  12. four100d

7.5 to 8.8 (non explorer) upgrade...

Hey guys... I recently bought a 8.8 4.10 LS and am currently having someone install 4.56 gears in it. The 8.8 was out of a 2003 Ranger, and I'm swapping it with the 7.5 that's in my 95 Ranger. Are there any problems I'll run in to? Is it a direct swap, or will I have issues with brake line...
  13. four100d

Replacing heads. Few questions...

I thought the rear main seal was leaking, but turns out it was the lower intake. Also the head gaskets needed replacing. I decided to get a set of rebuilt heads and bought some new rocker arms, pushrods and gasket set. Anyway, my questions: Do you have to paint the heads? If so, how do you...
  14. four100d

93-97 to 01-05 Tail Lens WITHOUT trailer converter kit

Original Poster: four100d Difficulty: 4 out of 10 Time to install: 2-3 hours Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to you...
  15. four100d

Pulling the 4.0, what to do?

Hey guys... I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I would see if I could get some opinions on what all I should replace when I pull the 4.0 this weekend. My girlfriend and I recently bought a 94, 4x4, 4.0 Automatic Ranger and the rear main seal is leaking like crazy. Also, it appears to...
  16. four100d

07 OEM Step/Nerf bars on 95

I have searched the forums and found some info, but I was wondering if anyone has installed 98+ Ext. Cab OEM nerf bars on a 93-97 Ext. Cab? And if anyone has any pics and info how they done it? I found a post by "krugford" where he installed some on a 92 ranger, but there were no pics, and it...
  17. four100d

Good idle, but low???

Turning idle screw half turn??? Hey guys... My truck once warmed up has been idling around 500 rpm's. It idles nice and smooth, but my problem is when I have my aux lights or fogs on with the headlights and come to a stop the power drops. If I give it just a little bit of gas and idle the...
  18. four100d

Traction-Lok or No-Slip ,street and winter

Hey guys, I do not do any offroading, but I want to get more traction for winter. I have some decent tires, and am planning on putting weight in my truck again this winter. My truck done pretty good last winter on the road and moderate snow with my open diff, a topper and a little weight, but I...
  19. four100d

Decent price for 4.10 axle???

I have been searching for 4.10 and 4.56 geared axles to swap out my 7.5/3.73 and have only found a few at all the Ohio junk yards (that have search-able parts online). Right now I have 31" tires, but in the future I may go with 33's. So I thought I would look into 4.56 axles, but the only one I...
  20. four100d

Something wrong with heater?

I have heat, but if I turn the fan up to higher speeds it gets cooler. If I'm driving around town and stopping frequently, it gets cooler. If I leave the fan on the lowest setting, and drive at a decent speed or rpm it is fairly warm, but it is not as hot as it should be. It seems the blend...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad