• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 91stranger

Tell us why.

I grew up in a Ford family. F150's and rangers were it. They just grow on you and most of you know. Easy, dependable and can last a while.
  2. 91stranger

New car

New wheels. Made a huge difference IMO. New wheels are 275/40/17s.
  3. 91stranger

New car

I agree, that's why I'm waiting to get it on the lift and pull the numbers off the trans. I don't ever take anyones word when buying a car from them especially when he didn't have paperwork to back it up. I haven't had much chance to look into what brand exhaust I want. I want it to have a nice...
  4. 91stranger

New car

Thanks for the compliments. I haven't confirmed this yet but they guy I bought it from said the transmission was replaced with one from an 01 Saleen which anyone can say anything about anything when selling a vehicle. Our lift at work has been occupied and I just haven't had a chance to get...
  5. 91stranger

New car

Well I haven't been on here much in the past many months due to a lot going on in life. Haven't been a Ford owner in over a year until recently. Here is my new baby. 01 mustang GT. The best thing about this car is that its from south Carolina and has literally no rust which is not something you...
  6. 91stranger

Bad idle

Is the vibration at the engine or steering wheel? If it's at the engine I would check your engine mounts. Maybe one is bad. This is such a weird issue I don't know what else to check.
  7. 91stranger

First photos of Maverick

Fail! No surprise.
  8. 91stranger

Fuse issue

Why did you move the battery in the first place? Don't tell me it was so you could put a toolbox under the hood lol. IMO the ground in the last picture doesn't look very grounded.... I would scrape the paint off down to bare metal and then put the ground back on. Looks like it was just drilled...
  9. 91stranger

No brakes.

Could have got a pinhole in a brake line that you are not seeing. lay some cardboard underneath it while pressing brakes to see if any leaks show up. Your info shows an 82 ranger so it shouldn't have abs. I would suspect an old rusty brake line has a pinhole from tinkering with brakes. That's...
  10. 91stranger

Bad idle

You said you have no codes for this? I would check the basics like battery cables, alternator voltage, check plug wires for chaffing or arc marks. If all that checks out I would replace the coil pack and see if that helps. Does this vibrate when driving or just at idle?
  11. 91stranger

Towing capacity?

Tongue weight is generally 10% of the camper's weight. 8500 pound camper will have 850 pound tongue weight. trailer brakes, brake controllers and weight distribution hitches will do nothing but help you stay safe. Costly? Yes, but how much do you value your life and the life of others?
  12. 91stranger

I never did an intro, but this is already not so fun....

Welcome to the world of haters haha.... Can't please everyone (especially on the internet) so just worry about yourself. I had to step away from this place for a while because it was just too much non-sense and 14yr old personalities. I see from the cucumber in a bucket and a dumpster full of...
  13. 91stranger

Fathers Day: What's Your Wish List?

Hmm.... The wife will probably get me some new fishing lures and some ammo. She's a keeper! The kids will probably draw some pictures with crayons or make a card which is just fine with me.
  14. 91stranger

Prices

You can ask whatever you want for it.... Depending on what motor/trans and rear end it has I would say its worth anywhere from 2500-5k. The flat bed is a big turn off for people or else I would say 6k if it had the matching bed.
  15. 91stranger

Fathers Day: What's Your Wish List?

Hmm... $200 dollars from snap on = a 5 pc screwdriver set.
  16. 91stranger

Bob cat cart

Condition is everything with golf carts and this one looks like it's part of someone's existing scrap pile. Since scrap isn't worth the gas it takes to haul it, I would offer him $200 and see what they say. If you cant start it or drive it then you can confirm anything the owner says about...
  17. 91stranger

What looks better?

Pic 2. Pic 1 looks like a red letter "i" which reminds me of the international harvester symbol.
  18. 91stranger

About to be a Ranger owner, but...

I'm gonna say it has the 3.0 based on the air intake tube looks like a 3" tube instead of a 4". I thought all 4.0's said "4.0 liter" on the plastic cover on top of the engine as well. You definitely should have popped the hood and checked the oil.. For all you know there could be no oil on the...
  19. 91stranger

New problem. Not surprised.

Exactly!
  20. 91stranger

New problem. Not surprised.

What have I said bad about rangers other than what I just posted? You act like no one has heard the saying "fix or replace daily".... Lighten up dude.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad