• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RangerNerd97

Issues with new rims

I just bought some used soft 8's with 31x10.5x15 mounted on them. I put them on my Ranger and it seems these rims are very wide and have a shallow backspacing? My previous setup was 15x8 with 235x75x15 and the tires didn't stick out from the fenders but, now they do a few inches! Is this going...
  2. RangerNerd97

New plastic mouldings front/rear bumpers

Does anyone know if they can be painted or how to get new ones? I was told the tabs will snap if I pull the moulding and step pad off! All I could find was new bumpers they are way too much money.:icon_confused:
  3. RangerNerd97

Screeching metal noise!

I just replaced my belt and tensioner bacause it was loose and squeaky. Now i have a very aggressive screeching metal noise when i start the truck and at higher RPMs! The guys at the repair shop said it is the power steering pump. Any suggestions PLEASE help? :bawling:
  4. RangerNerd97

AC compressor problem

I have a 1997 3.0 and the compressor clutch kicks on and off really hard with the heat on. It makes a high pitch screeching and squealing then clunks on and off! Any ideas I checked the Tech Library and no help? The guys at NAPA recommended replacing the cluth and pulley assembly?
  5. RangerNerd97

Seat swap

Hey I checked the tech library and it didn't help much! I found a 60/40 seat from a 2007 ext cab and I was told it would fit a 97 reg cab if the tracks match up will the old seatbelts match the new clips?
  6. RangerNerd97

1997 ranger 4x4 problems

When I switch from 4w to 2w sometimes it sticks? If i go in reverse it will usualy disengage! I'm not hearing any noise or banging at all. Any ideas?
  7. RangerNerd97

1997 Ranger 4x4 decals?

Does anyone know if that year had 4x4 decals? I have seen them on 98 and up trucks and want to put them on my 97!
  8. RangerNerd97

Happy to be a part of TRS

I just discovered this site today and I am very impressed!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad