• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mdn14

Rear axle leaking fluid?!

So, I've had a strange squeaking/clicking coming from the mid to rear of my truck for about 3 months now. Seth helped me do an explorer 8.8 l/s swap back in May. I've looked under my truck a few times now, hoping to find some metal on metal wear, but I've seen nothing. Today I looked under the...
  2. mdn14

Where is the speedo sensor at?

I have a 2001 2wd Edge and I was wondering which wire was the speedo sensor with the small gear inside. As far as I've read I'm pretty sure the sensor was moved to the transmission in 01. So there's 3 choices, green, orange, and blue. This is a picture of the drivers side looking towards the...
  3. mdn14

8.8 diff cover bolt size

I'm doing an 8.8 swap soon and I was wondering what size the bolts are that screw the diff cover the the pumpkin. I know they're 5/16" with an 18in thread but what length? I'm also using a ruffstuff diff cover so I'm assuming the bolts will have to be a little longer? Is this correct? Or can...
  4. mdn14

Is this bolt stock/matter?

I'm taking off and selling the cow tipper style brush guard that was on my truck and I want to sell it with all of its pieces that came with it. Is the bolt to the right o the driver foglight stock from ford or not? It's not coming off easily so I figure it might be stock and serve a purpose but...
  5. mdn14

Issues after cluster swap

Tonight I swapped out my old cluster for one from an explorer. Everything is working fine minus the tachometer. When I am idling it is resting on the black pin. And I hit the redline at 4500 rpm instead of 5700ish. Is there any fix to this or does the problem lie within the replacement cluster?
  6. mdn14

Will this fit?

This should fit a 2001 ranger right? I believe all of the third lights were the same for ford but I'm not 100% certain...
  7. mdn14

Extreme shaking front end

So, I recently put 31's on my truck and also cranked my t-bars a little. Also, I have had to tow my truck as well by strapping it to a jeep and having the jeep pull it. My truck is not on during these fun towing adventures :annoyed:. I steer while my dad pulls. After we fix whatever the problem...
  8. mdn14

Engine will and will not start.

So, every once in awhile my engine will not fire up. It cranks and really really wants to but can't. 10 mins later, It will sometimes fire up just fine. It can't be the fuel pump because it has never cut out on me while I have been driving. So, any ideas? Thanks guys!
  9. mdn14

Fenix Tk15

I didn't really know where else to post this so I figured this forum would be a good place to start. I recently received a Fenix tk15 for Christmas. It came in the mail today. So what do I do? I go to Walmart and pick up some Energizer 123 batteries for it. I open them up and put them in...
  10. mdn14

Alrighty gents, here's one for you.

I have a 2001 Ford Ranger EDGE with the 3.0 (duh) manual. I was sure if this should go under engines or transmissions but here it is. Anywho, sometimes when I start up my truck it is near impossible to shift gears. Like rolling up to a stoplight, shifting from 4th to 1st. I need to push up...
  11. mdn14

Anyone have these?

Does anyone have these headlights or know if they are any good? http://www.xtralights.com/01-08fordranger1piecehaloprojectorheadlights-blackpairhidxenonlightskitpackage.aspx or these...
  12. mdn14

Need help installing a billet grille

Well, I got a billet grille from a member on here. The thing is in fantastic condition but I can't figure out for the life of me how it fits in where the old one was. Do I need to buy a special piece of a valence or anything? This is the grille I got...
  13. mdn14

Congrats to our very own 2wd!!

Ranger Sport Honduras!! For getting off road truck of the month!! :headbang: Representin!!!
  14. mdn14

194 doesn't fit?

So I got my 8 leds on saturday and tried to put 2 of them in my hvac controls this morning, however, the base of the 194 led was far wider than the base of the stock bulb! :annoyed: So what bulb number is used to replace the stock bulbs behind the hvac controls? :icon_confused: And I don't want...
  15. mdn14

What bulb to replace cruise control?

I've looked and looked but I can't find what type of bulb is used to illuminate the cruise controls on the steering wheel. I guess it could be the 194 but idk for sure. Any ideas?
  16. mdn14

Stereo setup for the new ranger!

I'm looking at this kenwood bc it A) has 3 preamp outputs and B) has built in HD Radio. Is there anything else that has these features that you all would suggest that stay's relatively cheap. Headunit http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33459_Kenwood-KDC-HD548U.html Here's the rest of my...
  17. mdn14

Ford Ranger Alcoa Rims

So I bought some factory ford ranger fx4 alcoa rims from a guy off craigslist for a pretty sweet deal (imo). The only thing about them is that he primed them with a self etching primer and then painted over it with a can of rustoleum :annoyed:. I would like to get them back to their original...
  18. mdn14

Will this axle work?

I want to put an 8.8" axle in my 2001 Ford Ranger Edge. Will an 8.8" axle work from a 95? Should It be a pretty easy swap?
  19. mdn14

Best lift for an 01 Edge

In less than a month I'll be inheriting my brother's 2001 Ford Ranger Edge (He's leaving the country). It's 2wd and has the 3.0 with a manual transmission!!!! Anyways, what's the best way that I can lift my future truck to fit either 32 or 33 inch tires? I was lookin at the Fabtech 3" lift...
  20. mdn14

I give up...

Since I've installed my alpine cde-102 headunit this last February, my radio hasn't worked. Tonight I wanted to get to the bottom of what was wrong. I found out that the best-buy idiots that crimped my headunit's wiring with the adapter did not crimp the "Power antenna lead" to anything. Is it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad