• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. nb11

M50d-R1 rebuild and clutch

My transmixer is just about in need of a clutch, and I want to freshen things up while I'm in there. For 185,000 miles, what should I look at replacing? It's a little tough to get in 1st gear, takes some finesse to shift to second, and every now and then wants to chirp a little getting into 3rd...
  2. nb11

86 B2 off road equipment storage ideas?

I've been playing with the idea of a low profile drawer system for my truck bed, which would work better in the back of a B2. Similar to the picture you posted above. Lots of ideas here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/91-Storage-Solutions
  3. nb11

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

Is the 3.8" XD45 hard to shoot? I'm about to turn 21 and want to carry. I want to carry something with some power (who doesn't?) mainly for critters, i.e. bears, hogs, gators. I would think something like a 9mm (not at punishing to the shooter, cheaper ammo) would be sufficient for a human...
  4. nb11

Could someone cut out my pinstripe?

I figured it wouldn't be too hard to remove a pinstripe. If anybody gets a spare minute, I'd appreciate it if you could cut it out. Can't decide if it would look cleaner or too bare without it. Thanks!
  5. nb11

Just to clarify...

I think I have a bad alternator, but I'd like to ask some opinions real quick. I was out and about today in my truck and everything was fine. I ran in Lowe's for a few items and when I came out and started my truck, it started fine then instantly died. I had to keep it above 2k rpm to keep it...
  6. nb11

Bugging Out / Survival

I was thinking the other day that a dirt bike would be great to have as a vehicle. A real simple engine, kick start, and can go just about anywhere. A good example would be fishing. You could throw your gear in a back pack and easily get to a fishing spot. Also, if you were somewhere cold and...
  7. nb11

Bugging Out / Survival

I think anybody's best bet would be to become close friends with gwaii :icon_thumby: But seriously, I didn't know so many people thought about this stuff in such great detail. I wasn't sure if this thread was legit at first. Kinda has me a little nervous now...
  8. nb11

engine ticks at idle but stops at 2200 rpms

Mine does the same thing... 154xxx miles. It ticks at idle but runs smooth as can be up to 5500 rpms. However, I have heard that adding a little automatic trans fluid to the oil before an oil change clears out any gunk that may cause stuff to stick/tick.
  9. nb11

Considering a welder

Well, I'm considering purchasing a welder. I don't need something worthy of opening a fab shop with, I just think it would be a cool/useful skill to have. I'd probably practice on stuff around the house, and maybe eventually do a bumper or something. But I have a couple questions: 1. Stick or...
  10. nb11

In the market for a radiator

I have a small leak in my radiator where the plastic tank attaches to the core. I patched it with some epoxy which helped it leak less to get me home, but it still leaks a little and I know there's not really in point in trying to get it repaired. I've seen replacements on summit and rock auto...
  11. nb11

Who makes a good radiator?

This is the one I found from summit. Are they any good? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SGT-CU2470/
  12. nb11

Who makes a good radiator?

My radiator has developed a small leak. Water has been leaking out where the plastic tank on the passenger side attaches to the metal core. I patched it with some epoxy to get me home, but I'm in the market for a new radiator. A Motorcraft replacement is like $400 but I can find them online for...
  13. nb11

high mileage

'03, 154k. Problems I've had are: vacuum leak, water pump gave out, plastic joint on heater box broke, currently has a small leak in the radiator. All other problems easily fixed.
  14. nb11

Blowing Cold Air and Leaking Anti-freeze, 08 Ranger

One time I had the plastic joint where the water goes into the heater box break on me. Not exactly sure what its called but that joint cracked and steam was pouring from under the hood. I remember it being fairly inexpensive and not being hard at all to install
  15. nb11

Which led's and how many?

I'm trying to find some led bulbs for my guages from superbrightleds.com. I used their car finder feature and it said for general instrument I need a 161 and an 1815, then there are several options. Do I just need one bulb under each tab(161 and 1815)? If it helps, it's a 2003 xl with a 5spd...
  16. nb11

Oil in spark plugs

Had the same problem a while back with mine. Pulled the plugs and said holy crap I'm burning oil worse than Iran circa 1990!!!!!! Then I realized that it's impossible to have oil on the threads, and that its the oil pooling up around the plugs. Is there oil built up on the front of the engine...
  17. nb11

Larger Tire Pressure?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find anywhere what tire pressure is recommended when running tires larger than stock. My truck came with 225/70/15's and I now have 235/75/15's. Should I increase from the factory recommended 30 psi? And what should I run if I get 31x10.5's later...
  18. nb11

ABS and Cruise

I have a couple problems on my 2003 xl. A while back I installed some coil spacers on the front for some lift, and in the process of removing the springs I had to disconnect my ABS sensors. Since I got it put back together, the ABS light won't go off. By slamming on brakes on a dirt road, I...
  19. nb11

Looking for some travel

I have the a-arm setup on my truck, and I'm looking to gain a little more travel. I've done a lot of searching, and read the article in the tech library, but I still need help. I have some coil spacers for a 2" lift on the front. I know, it's not much, but I allows what looks like about 3"...
  20. nb11

Do offroad lights get real hot?

I'm thinking of maybe mounting a pair of lights behind my grille, like some KC hilites or something. I have a honeycomb grille from an Edge, so I don't think it'll block out much light. However, I'm just worried about them getting too hot and melting the plastic.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad