• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. billpac4u

Rodent issues

I park my Ranger in the driveway overnight, and this year I have had a chipmunk building a nest in the valley of my 4.0 V-6. He's already chewed through one of my spark plug wires, and nibbled on the distributor. Removing the nesting materials doesn't seem to discourage him - he just rebuilds it...
  2. billpac4u

Speedometer/odometer

My '95 XLT 4.0 with A/T speedometer work fine, but the odometer has quit. What gives?
  3. billpac4u

Ultra rare Ford Ranger

Interesting article from Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ultra-rare-ford-ranger-shadow-bed-emerges-on-craigslist
  4. billpac4u

KYB shocks . . .

I'm needing new shocks. KYB's have been recommended to me by a friend. Anyone have experience with these?
  5. billpac4u

Clunky downshifts . . .

My '95 Ranger 4.0, 4R55E trans has started clunky downshifts when I pull up to a stop light. It only occurs after I have driven awhile and everything's good and warm. Any thoughts(PS - 175 thousand on the odometer)
  6. billpac4u

Hot relays

After a short drive, the relays under the hood on my '95 Ranger 4.0 are hot to the touch. Should this be normal? :shok:
  7. billpac4u

Check engine light

My 95 Ranger 4.0 has check engine light. Runs fine, all systems seem normal. Changed oil & filter and air filter about 400 miles ago. Any likely guesses? Mileage now: 163,877.
  8. billpac4u

Magnetic block heater

I have a 95 4.0, and am puzzled about where to place a magnetic block heater - which works really well on other vehicles with steel oil pans - on my engine. Any ideas? :icon_confused:
  9. billpac4u

Odd noise

My 95 4x4 Ranger XLT w/4.0 V-6 makes an odd high pitched humming noise when it gets really warm. The ambient daytime temps here now are in the high 90's, and after driving for about 15 miles or so, the humming begins. it's most noticeable when I stop, idling at traffic lights or such, and does...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad