• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Poor power/RPMs

Hi I bought a 2005 Ranger a few months ago, and I'm just now getting used to it. It's a FX4 level 2, with stock wheels, tires, diff, etc. and 4.0 V6 and 5spd Auto. The PO kept immaculate care of it, doing all the work at the dealer. It has 140,000 kms. Now, my old truck was a Nissan 2WD with...
  2. How do I turn my A/C off?

I just bought a 2005 Ranger FX4-II with "all the trimmins". Now, the HVAC control has an "AC" setting and a "AC MAX" or something. Manual says this is A/C. But when I mentioned to the PO I liked running the AC to clear the windows on defrost, he said as far as he knew the AC was ALWAYS on, for...
  3. Boosting fuel economy

I know all about driving habits, but what can I do to my 4.0L 4X4 to maximize fuel economy without sacrificing performance TOO much? One place I'm looking is tires. I now have BFG A/T KO's that have quite an aggressive tread. Would I get noticeable improvement if I went to, say, Michelin LTX...
  4. Subwoofer missing

I just got a new-to-me 2005 FX4-II with the Pioneer unit. I'm told there's a subwoofer in the console, but judging from the sound, it's not working. I don't think it's blown - I know what a blown speaker sounds like ;) . Is there a switch for it, or a menu item that turns it on or off? I hate to...
  5. What's in the console?

I just bought a 2005 FX4-II with "all the trimmings". It has a huge console, but the forward part (forward of the armrest) has no way to get inside (ie it's not a storage compartment). What the heck is IN there? Can I make it storage? Or something... druid
  6. Ranger Rangler from Vancouver, Canada

Hi folks! Just got a new-to-me 2005 Ranger FX4-II with all the trimmings. It's a 4WD upgrade from my 2WD Nissan Frontier, which is still a great truck. I'll be leaving it pretty much the way it is for the winter, but in the spring I'll be needed new tires (present ones are BFG A/T KOs with a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad