• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 interchange

I have a 1994 ranger that had a 4.0 engine and 5 speed ( was going to a 5.0) its out of a 97 ranger 4.0 automatic I know i have to change the ecm and others but how hard would it be to change over with the harness i have:dunno:
  2. high mileage

2005 130k runs strong burns no oil
  3. 2005 ranger 2.3 cyl 4 misfire

sent it out to the dealer today, #4 misfire didn't mean anything pcm needed to be reprogrammed to fix the problem
  4. 2005 ranger 2.3 cyl 4 misfire

just bought a 2005 ranger with a 2.3 getting a cylinder 4 misfire with a code reader, just replaced plugs, it does have iner valve cover leak to fix but not bad, should i replace the coil pack or the wires first or am i going in the wrong direction thanks
  5. explorer tire options

picked up an 1996 ford explorer project to go with my 1986 bronco ii project, would 31 fit a stock explorer? I found a used set local that could be mounted and balanced reasonable, if not I could use them on my 1986 bronco ii with a 3 inch lift? :icon_confused:
  6. 1989 ranger frontend on an 1986 bronco II

I have an 1986 bronco II that has from sheet metal damage, I have an 89 ranger with metal to poss swap, how hard would it be to change, the core and inner aprons are solid on the 1986 and was thinking about swaping the hood fenders valance and headlight in.... and ideas thanks scott odley2001
  7. 1989 ranger motor swap

i have the chance to get a 2.3 duratech out of an 03 ranger or an 97 4.0 engine, i know i need the wiring harness and computer to do the swap, and was planning on using the original 5 speed behind the 2.3 in the 89, any ideas, suggestions or tips and what engines would bolt to this trans, check...
  8. ranger rear end

I found a ranger rear end close to me out an 01 2wd edge with a 3.0 is it an 7.5 or 8.8? my 2000 ranger trailhead had an 8.8 but the owner of the 01 thinks its an 7.5, I am looking to put this in my 89 ranger project thanks scott
  9. 2.3 engine help

I'm building a clone of my high school /college ride and 89 range shortbed s with a twin plug 2.3, i had to put in a new fuel pum and the truck had been sitting for quite a while, changed oil check fluids and the truck started up fairly easy, let it run for a few minutes shut it down restarted...
  10. My New 1989 Ranger

This has been a cool week!!!! My first ranger was an 1989 ford ranger s dark canyon red with red inside a true plain jane, i alwalys regretted getting rid of it in 1995 and have been looking for its twin ever since, this week on cincy craigslist its match showed up and i just had to have it...
  11. ranger cab swap

I bought a decent 1986 ranger super cab 4x4, but the more I look at it the cab pans and mounts are rough. I can get an 1988 2wd super cab with a a-1 body and paint cheap (trading) it"s a 2.3 and the 1986 a 2.9. How hard would it be to transfer? The 86 has touch drive there both sticks thanks...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad