• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Temperature guage doesn't move

I recently changed the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor on my 2000 2.5L 5 speed ranger and ever since I changed it, the temp gauge on the dash doesn't move at all. Changing the ECT solved my stalling problems of when cold. First ECT installed was bad out of the box. Any ideas of why temp...
  2. 2000 2.5L idles fine, stalls when cold at stop sign/light

My 2000 Ranger 2.5L 5-speed with 206K miles starts up fine, idles great but when I drive away and get to the first stop sign/light, it dies. If I let the truck warm up six minutes or longer, no problems when I get to a stop sign/light. Once the truck has warmed up, it runs great, no more...
  3. Will an Explorer spare fit on a Ranger?

I just upgraded from 15" steel chrome wheels to 16" teardrop wheels on my 2000 2WD extended cab Ranger. Wow, what a difference teardrop wheels make, it looks so much better. The teardrop donor vehicle was a 2000 Explorer, I scored all 5 wheels for $100 to include the never been on the ground...
  4. 97 2.3L running lean

The check engine light came on in my 97 Ranger. Ran the diagnostics on it and the code indicates it's running lean. The oxygen sensors are original on the truck, (it only has 74K on it). Any guesses as to troubleshoot to why it's running lean? I'm guessing the oxygen sensor but just want to hear...
  5. Any problems with a 15" spare tire in a 97?

I recently dumped my 14" deer hoof alloys for some 15" chrome steelies of a 99 Ranger. Now I want to replace the 14" spare tire and wheel with a 15" off a ranger/explorer. Will a 15" tire and wheel fit under the truck where a 14" originally fit? Just wondered before I go to the pik-a-part yard...
  6. Newbie owner

My wife recently inherited her father's dark green 97 Ranger 2WD XLT 2.3L automatic stepside with a fiberglass toneau cover. It's a time warp, it has only 44K miles on it. In fact it still had the original 225/70-14 tires on it. First thing I did was score some 15" steel chrome rims off a 99...
  7. Will a 99 stock CD unit fit in a 97?

My 97 Ranger still has the factory AM/FM cassette deck. Browsing through Craigslist today, I found a factory CD unit for a Ranger for cheap. Are there any issues with a 99 factory stereo fitting into a 97? First post, my wife inherited the Ranger from her father. It's a 97 Ranger regular car...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad