• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. akalogan

f150 diesel?

I was just wondering if anybody had heard if the f150 is still going to get the diesel that was all over the internet a couple of years ago. That still has me thinking about a half ton... Hell at this point if they would shoe horn the 6.2 into the lariat I would probably bite the bullet and get...
  2. akalogan

Had to tow my Dad home last night...

Last Night my dad called me and said,"I need you to come help me..." Well 15 minutes later I was backing the ranger up to his 96 Nissan. (don't knock that little bastard! It has somewhere over 300,000 miles and this is it's first bit of trouble!) It is kind of sad really. I bought that truck in...
  3. akalogan

debate: ranger vs. tacoma...

First off let us be civil and respect each others opinions about trucks. I can say that I believe that both trucks are good solid little run around trucks. They each have their niche. From my experiances with both trucks the taco is great at things such as four wheeling (stock) and the ranger is...
  4. akalogan

Tacoma has a recall...

I just read on pickuptrucks.com that 2010 toyota tacoma's are getting recalled for the front drive shaft dropping out due to rusting near the front u-joint. I still think toyota is a good brand but they really needed this reality check...
  5. akalogan

When will ford give us some more info on the f 250?

It is driving me nuts trying to hunt down more info. Nothing new in like a month. The superduty is supposed to be released this spring, yet there is not a bit of solid information on the damn thing. If you can't tell I am very impatient at times and yes this is one of them... If anybody has...
  6. akalogan

I really need to vent...

Again today I saw an add for chevy trucks ol' Howie was making fun of a guy using the f150 tailgate step. Implying that real men didn't need a step to get into and out of the bed of the trucks. I have 2 deployments to Iraq and one to Bosina. with over 14.5 years of military service. Plus I am a...
  7. akalogan

Has anybody heard if the 6.2 is going into the f-150?

I know that it is going in the raptor, but what about the say, lariat model. Or even maybe the work truck model.... Or am I smoking some funny smelling weed?
  8. akalogan

I heard a rumor about the t6 ranger...

I was wondering if anybody heard that the ranger is just going away? Or is it just someone blowing smoke up my ass? :dunno:Is there even going to be a replacement for the ranger in 2012? I don't know what I will end up replacing my truck with if ford doesn't have a smaller...
  9. akalogan

OK guys, I need your advice....

For christmas my wife and her family are pitching in for a workman's rack (aka a ladder rack) for my ranger. The machinest I use quoted me $250 or less to make the style I . The only thing my wife asks for is to get it powercoated. Now does anybody have any gained knowledge of what works and...
  10. akalogan

www.doc.wa.gov If your looking for a job

Hey no promises, but if your needing work here is a good place to look. Don't look too hard at the correctional officer (the state is talking about cutting a lot of C/O's). However there are a lot of other jobs available and you don't get hired unless you apply. I just figured that it is a good...
  11. akalogan

Thank a Vietnam vet!

Veterans day is coming soon. As a recently returning Iraq war vet (2nd time), I want to remind people that too often we forget the forgotten war. I call Vietnam war the forgotten war because so many people have bad memories of that they tend to shrug it off. There are too many vets from then and...
  12. akalogan

So I emailed ford motor company...

I tried whining to see if there was a way to get the new "ranger" information. Or at least let fomoco know what I want in the new truck. So hopefully they take my power sniveling seriously (I don't think they will, but...). here is What they wrote back. Dear Gabriel Logan, Thank you...
  13. akalogan

wierd question...

Ok today was dog washing day. Now my beagle hates water that isn't in his water dish, however my big girl Molly the mutt, she gets in the water whenever she can. But on bath day she is a quivering coward? I just don't get it! Now the beagle the only time I saw him cross water openly was when he...
  14. akalogan

New Ranger in new zealand

I found an article on the new ranger t6 that are on sale in new zealand If you want to dink around the website is www.ford.co.nz... A plus is that it is in english. The thing doesn't look to bad. Also I hope that they sell the chassis model overhere also (I like flatbeds!) If that is actually...
  15. akalogan

shocks and stuff...

I now have the tires so now for some other things. I will be leveling my truck sooner or later. Will I need new shocks? And if so is there anyone brand to get or avoid? This is for a 4wd working ranger. It does have the heavier springs in the back if that makes a difference.
  16. akalogan

goodyear duratrac

After looking around with help from you guys and my friends here I purchased the goodyear dura trac. The size I got was the 265/75r16 in and e load rating. This is just an the first review to let you all know what I think and what I have done with them so far. 1st- These tires make a little...
  17. akalogan

let me try these pics again...

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu348/akalogan-2009/100_0772.jpg?t=1251485201http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu348/akalogan-2009/100_0772.jpg?t=1251485201http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu348/akalogan-2009/100_0771.jpg?t=1251485236http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu348/akalogan-2009/10...
  18. akalogan

Finely got new tires!...

I will post some pic's tomorrow. It is too dark and the camera is not liking shiny things in the dark. I got goodyear duratrac in 265/75r16 fit beautifully. I can't wait to get them off road and try them out. I didn't want to wait so I did get them in e load range. Way too big but what the hell...
  19. akalogan

need help fast...

ok here is the deal I think that I have harassed everybody with questions about tires enough. tomorrow I am getting some sort of new tires. And a friend threw a wrench in the works. He said that I needed to get to the wal-mart and check out the goodyear adventures and damn if they don't look...
  20. akalogan

ok folks I need help here...

I am finally back from Iraq, this is good. I am finally going to get new tires this is better. I am going to get 265/75r16... I don't know I keep getting my head turned by different treads. It is most confusing I must say. I do want either an aggressive a/t or a mild m/t... So help me sort this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad